Software Requirements: Microsoft Excel - Advanced level
including ability to build spreadsheets and merge data
Microsoft Word - Intermediate to Advanced level
Microsoft Outlook - Intermediate to Advanced level
Knowledge of personal computers and related software including
Accounting Experience: Knowledge of accounting, payroll, benefit
programs, invoice payment procedures, and audit principles.
Business Skills: Possess highly-developed mathematical and
analytical skills, proven ability to meet deadlines, maintain high
level of accuracy while working with detailed information, strong
verbal and written communication skills, team player, strong
problem solving skills, and highly-developed client/customer
Educational Experience: College degree with emphasis in accounting,
and/or 3 years experience with employee health insurance/benefit
reconciliation and 3 years analytical/reconciliation experience
(such as A/P).
Salary Range: Depending on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Perform reconciliation accounting functions, matching on a
monthly basis the individual elections against payroll contribution
records and vendor/carrier invoices.
2) Verify that cash management has received appropriate and
matching funds for each client and each transaction period.
3) Verify and post cash transaction details that include funds
received and disbursed to spreadsheets and databases for each
4) Audit carrier/vendor invoices against individual enrollments and
payroll registers; and then research and communicate documented
5) Communicate discrepancy issues to the appropriate person,
whether it is internal or external (i.e. carrier rep, client rep,
client employee, flex department, insurance department, etc).
6) Investigate and reconcile problems that vendors/carriers or
clients have with discrepancies and/or obtaining payment for
7) Record all special payments, refunds, and any other disbursement
of funds (i.e. back premiums, employee refunds, waivers, etc) on an
individual policy and client level onto the reconciliations
spreadsheet or database.
8) Immediately report and reconcile all discrepancies between money
received for an individual where there is no policy or issue from
the insurance carrier.
9) Document all conversations and file appropriately to leave audit
10) Prepare a check request based on the reconciled bill compared
to the payroll data.
11) Perform the customer service function in cases of insurance
billing issues and employee deduction issues.
12) Perform other duties as assigned.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected