Senior Tax Accountant (CPA Firm) - HYBRID
Posted on: November 19, 2023
CPA Firm, Hybrid, Work/life balance, Named one of 2023 "Best
Places to Work"! Bonus, Commuter Assistance, Generous PTO, and
growth potentialThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Stephanie FrancoAre
you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 per yearA bit
about us:We offer our employees the opportunity to grow and succeed
in today's fast-paced and multi-faceted world of public accounting
and business advisory, while also appreciating that you are an
individual with personal interests, goals and responsibilities. We
are proud to have been named one of the 2023 "Best Firms to Work
For" by Accounting Today, and one of the Inside Public Accounting
Top 400 Firms.Why join us?Highly competitive salaries and a
collaborative and enjoyable working atmosphere with bonus
structureComprehensive benefits package designed to promote a
work/life balanceMedical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD
insurance, AD&D insurance, and a 401k Plan, Hybrid/Remote
working opportunities, flexible hours, commuter assistanceGenerous
PTO offeringsSeveral firm-wide events throughout the yearBonuses
for referring new clients and new employeesGym membership/fitness
activity reimbursementCPA exam preparation course reimbursement,
tuition reimbursement, charitable giving matching, and
opportunities for both individual and team community
service.CULTURE/ENVIRONMENT: With regard to personality fit and
culture, we are a very collaborative group and this position will
interact with others at all levels, including partners. We work
very hard to have a friendly and inclusive culture; someone who
prefers to work on their own will likely not be very successful
here. We do have social events, both in person and virtually, and
tend to be a very close group.Job DetailsJob Details:The Senior
Accountant will be:Further your knowledge of accounting and tax by
participating in a wide variety of engagements. You will work on
moderately complex projects and develop quality relationships with
the Firm's clients. You will have the opportunity to progress and
begin to learn how to effectively supervise engagements from
initial planning through to the delivery to the client. At this
level, you will review returns prepared by other team members and
provide review points. You will also build your skills in
supervising by providing coaching and training to Staff Accountants
in a collaborative work environment. Education, Licensing and
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree with a major or
concentration in accounting, tax, or a related field.
- Candidate must hold a valid and current CPA license.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years of progressively
responsible experience with a public accounting firm.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United
States for any employer.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong general accounting knowledge with significant experience
doing trial balance work and complex journal entries.
- Technical knowledge sufficient to supervise Staff Accountants
on financial statement audit, review and compilation engagements,
as well as in the preparation of complex tax returns.
- Experience in preparing a wide variety of moderately complex
tax returns, and significant experience reviewing the work of
- Proficiency with tax law and complex tax research using
available resources and platforms.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of GAAP, generally accepted
auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Firm's standard
software, including Lacerte, ProSystems FX, and excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and meet
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
in handling sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with a
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assignments and deadlines,
and to delegate appropriately and effectively.
- Experience in training and developing others.Essential Duties
- Prepare a wide variety of moderately complex corporate,
individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns with
- Demonstrate ability to learn from review points provided by
- Review returns prepared by others and provide review
- Coach other staff based on review points noticed.
- Work to identify and communicate issues and tax
- Work with partners and managers for issuance of client
- Train and mentor Staff Accountants.
- Demonstrate familiarity with tax law and proficiency in tax
research using available resources and platforms. Share knowledge
acquired with others and demonstrate the ability to effectively
explain technical issues to others.
- Follow engagement budgets and assist others in managing
- Assist in client billing as needed.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of internal policies and
procedures and provide guidance and training to others.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in managing time and multiple
projects and prioritizing work effectively. Delegate work to others
appropriately and assist Staff in managing their time and WIP.
- mastery of time management and organizational skills. Assume
responsibility for completion of engagement deliverables and take
responsibility for client communication.
- Demonstrate good relationships and effective communication with
- If assigned, perform a wide variety of financial statement
audit, review and compilation engagements. Demonstrate ability
perform analytical review.
- Actively participate in developing others and participate in
the Firm's Mentorship Program.Interested in hearing more? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Pleasanton , Senior Tax Accountant (CPA Firm) - HYBRID, Accounting, Auditing , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!