Financial Reporting Accountant
Company: Simpson Strong-Tie
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural
connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We
maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and
corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees. Our
founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live
out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring
place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated
to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design
and build safer, stronger structures. Learn about our company
culture directly from our team. YOU As a Financial Reporting
Accountant, you will be responsible for several aspects of
accounting, consolidations, and external reporting of a publicly
traded company. You will own certain aspects of technical
accounting as well as be the subject matter expert for interpreting
U.S. GAAP. As the Financial Reporting Accountant, you will report
directly to the Assistant Controller and work with upper management
on occasion. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING(% of Time) Accounting and
- Assist in the preparation of SEC filings, including certain
elements of the proxy, periodic 8-Ks and section 16 filings. Work
closely with management on earnings release materials, board of
director and investor presentations.
- Assist in managing consolidation process for the parent company
and its subsidiaries and related financial reporting including
preparation of cash flows.
- Assist in preparing account reconciliations and journal entries
of several centralized functional areas.
- Assist in researching technical accounting matters, including
evaluation of new accounting pronouncements to determine the impact
and operationalize them for the company.
- Assist in developing, researching required accounting support,
disclosures and entries for significant transactions like M&A,
asset disposals, or divestitures.
- Prepare quarterly and annual asset impairment evaluations.
- Produce consolidated financial statements used for external
financial reporting under US GAAP, engage in balance sheet and
P&L variance analysis, and support annual audits and quarterly
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and build financial models to inform
strategies, investment recommendations, and new business
- Assist in preparing certain period-end accounting workpapers
and disclosure. Compliance (25%):
- Assist in establishing and maintaining company world-wide
accounting policies and procedures to ensure conformance with US
GAAP and other financial reporting compliance, laws, and regulatory
- Assist in maintaining adherence with the Company's system of
internal controls over financial reporting and collaborating with
the internal audit team to ensure operational and design
effectiveness of controls.
- Work with finance team on timely and effective external audits
and internal HO audits.
- Contribute towards streamlining accounting systems and
processes, including assisting with the introduction of digital
and/or robotic process automation, with the goal of achieving
greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of
reporting. Relationship building (15%):
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with all
levels of management (including branches), consultants and external
auditors within the organization.
- Collaborate with all levels in the organization to identify and
analyze gaps between current processes and the desired state,
design new processes and develop process performance.
- Represent the Company in the utmost professional and ethical
manner and in accordance with the organization's policies,
procedures, and applicable laws; especially when addressing
complaints, resolving problems, and all other supervisory
- Ability to collaborate across different functional teams with
the goal of providing best in class customer service. DESIRED
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE If you can do everything listed above, you've
got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful
- Bachelor's degree in accounting - required
- CPA - Strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of combined audit/control advisory experience with
Big 4 accounting firm and large publicly traded companies
- 2 years combined Business and SAP experience
- Finance / Accounting Skills: Strong understanding of US GAAP,
PCAOB standards, SEC regulations, and SOX.
- System Skills / Knowledge: Knowledge of SAP (S4/Hana preferred)
functionality and business application preferred, BPC or similar
required, and working knowledge of Workiva.
- Communication Skills: Ability to write in a clear, concise,
organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
Respectful to others where differences of opinion exist. Able to
listen carefully and resolve conflicts through understanding other
points of view.
- Work Environment: Ability to work independently with minimum
supervision, as well as in a collaborative team environment. Must
have a proven track record for rolling up the sleeves and diving
into the details when necessary.
- Analytical / problem solving: Excellent organizational,
consultative, analytical, detail oriented, and problem-solving
- Self-Management: Self-motivated and results driven. Strong
ability to prioritize and manage time so that highest priorities
are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing work
environment and work in cross-functional teams.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated strong ability to build
productive and meaningful relationships. Travel This position
requires domestic and international travel up to 10% of the time.
Work Status & Location This full-time, exempt position is located
in Pleasanton, CA. Relocation Relocation is not available for this
position. Pay $93600 - $121700 / year REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and
comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation,
quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May
exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission:You will be eligible for either a
bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all
employees affect customers, sales and revenue - directly or
indirectly - and should be rewarded by sharing the company
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible
full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement
contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for
holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of
service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses,
charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more.
View benefit plan details here: https://benefits.strongtie.com/. In
keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which
it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means
that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment
decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race,
color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender
(which state law may define to include gender identity/expression,
transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age,
religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected
veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful
background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie's drug
policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen
applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine,
marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates. #NowHiring #GetHired
Keywords: Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton , Financial Reporting Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!