Senior Administrative Assistant
Company: Safeway Inc-001
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior
Administrative Assistant. This position is located in Pleasanton,
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing
administrative support to the IT Group Vice President, Vice
President and Team. This role acts as a department representative
and liaison to the business on programs, processes, and
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain daily calendars of GVP and VP, including the
organization of meetings, video conferences and
- Make travel arrangements for GVP, VP, and related staff members
- Answer, screen and direct customer and incoming business
- Provide support and assistance with expense reports and
reimbursement for the GVP, VP and department management as needed.
Consolidate travel expenses.
- Act as a department liaison and work with division staff to
coordinate solutions for issues or complaints across the business.
Escalate problems or roadblocks to the GVP to get resolution and
direction as needed
- Plan, organize and execute Team Building, Town Hall and
Leadership offsite events
- Assist with a variety of business and employee reports for
management. This includes collecting information from the
departments supported and printing and distributing copies to
meeting recipients and applicable executives
- Coordinate promotion and organizational announcements between
executive, communications, staff and corporate departments
- Update organizational charts, space planning and department
shared webpage content is accurate and up to date
- Assist with Board of Director meetings including the printing,
collating, and distribution of binders and highly confidential
materials to executives. May update presentations or reports as/if
directed by executive.
- Ad hoc assignments when given
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred; High School
diploma or GED required.
- 7-9 years experience providing high level secretarial and
administrative support in a senior executive environment.
- Must have solid MS Office skills including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience working with Visio and Concur a
- Able to perform all work efficiently and under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; high
degree of dependability
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills that includes customer
service and employee relations experience.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and be detail-oriented
and flexible in a rapid-paced corporate environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform work at stringent
levels of efficiency and under pressure.
- Possess ability to direct, organize, and interact with other
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- High degree of confidentiality
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training,
compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status,
medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Safeway Inc-001, Pleasanton , Senior Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!