Kafka Admin ( 2 Positions)
Company: Kastech Software Solutions Group
Posted on: April 28, 2021
We are looking for Strong Kafka Admin's for our client needs.
Qualified candidates can directly reach out to (or) Role : Kafka
Admin (2 Positions) Duration : 12+ Months Location : Pleasanton, CA
Rate : $70+/hr Requirement : Job Description: The Kafka Streaming
Platform Administrator is accountable for setting up and managing
an enterprise Confluent Kafka environment on premise and in the
cloud based on business and IT requirements of security,
performance, supportability, auditability. This role is also
responsible for ongoing monitoring of the streaming environment and
provides support. The position reports to the Director of Analytic
Platforms and is based in Houston, TX. Responsibilities may
- Establishing, Documenting and evangelizing development
- Monitor the performance of the systems and ensure high uptime
and provide 24/7 support.
- Deploy new and maintain existing Kafka cluster environments on
Cloud or on-prem.
- Handle all Kafka environment builds, including design, capacity
planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible,
automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Creation of key performance metrics, measuring the utilization,
performance and overall health of the cluster.
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for Kafka
Cluster and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum
- Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with
aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
- Work closely with the various teams to make sure that all the
Kafka topics are highly available and performing as expected.
- Work with Analytics Innovations COE and business analysts on
designing and running technology proof of concepts on Kafka
- Responsible for the security management of the platforms.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of solid Hands-on Kafka Administration experience in
managing critical 24/7 applications
- Design, build, assemble, and configure the application or
technical architecture components using business requirements
- Proficiency in Confluent Kafka platform design, installation,
operation, and the best practices for the below components:
- Kafka Brokers
- Kafka Zookeepers
- Confluent Kafka Connect/Connectors
- Confluent REST Proxy
- Confluent Schema Registry
- Confluent KSQL/KSQLDB
- Confluent Control Center
- Confluent Security Settings
- Confluent RBAC for Active Directory
- Experience in using JMX for Kafka monitoring and performance
- Familiar with the Kafka message level, transportation level and
data at rest security.
- Experience in implementing security & authorization
(permission-based) on Kafka cluster.
- Experience in open-source Kafka, Zookeepers, Kafka connect,
schema registry Avro schemas.
- High availability cluster setup, maintenance, and ongoing
- Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring
tools, alerts Has good knowledge of best practices
- Hands-on experience in creating a backup & mirroring of Kafka
Cluster brokers, broker sizing, topic sizing, h/w sizing,
performance monitoring, broker security, topic security,
consumer/producer access management (ACL).
- Knowledge of Kafka API (development experience is a plus)
- Kafka DR/HA cluster setup experience including Cluster
Replication settings is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Elastic ELK Stack Cluster setup,
administration for Kafka Cluster Monitoring including integration
with other systems like ServiceNow using the Elastic Webhook.
- Open to learning new technologies at a fast pace.
- Ability to document complex technical details about Kafka and
other technologies as part of solution delivery. - provided by
Keywords: Kastech Software Solutions Group, Pleasanton , Kafka Admin ( 2 Positions), Administration, Clerical , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!