Elementary Assistant Principal 2021-22
Company: Pleasanton Independent School District
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Applications will be accepted beginning
Monday, January 11, 2021 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time) Do you know someone who should apply for
this job? Send this job posting to him or her! We'll send an email
and include the job details and a link to this posting.
831 Stadium Drive
Pleasanton, Texas 78064
Primary Purpose: Direct and manage assigned areas of instructional
program and campus operations. Oversee assigned students activities
and services. Qualifications: Education/Certification: Texas
principal or other appropriate Texas certificate Certified--TTESS
Special Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of campus operations Working
knowledge of curriculum and instruction Ability to evaluate
instructional program and teaching effectiveness Ability to manage
budget and personnel Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data Excellent organizational, communication,
and interpersonal skills Experience: Two years experience as a
classroom teacher Major Responsibilities and Duties: Instructional
- Encourage and support development of innovative instructional
programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate.
Participate in program evaluation measures and make suggestions for
improvement where needed.
- Reinforce expectations for staff performance with regard to
instructional strategies and classroom management.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members.
Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
- Take a leadership role in planning activities and implementing
programs to ensure attainment of the school's mission.
- Participate in development of campus improvement plans with
staff, parents, and community members.
- Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems
to maintain records and track progress on campus performance
objectives and academic excellence indicators. Student Management
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline
management system that results in positive student behavior and
enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student
discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student
code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Conduct conferences about student and school issues with
parents, students, and teachers.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during
non-instructional periods. Administration and Fiscal/Facilities
- Oversee campus operations in principal's absence.
- Take a leadership role in planning and scheduling of daily
school activities including the development of class schedules,
teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work
with staff to identify and address issues.
- Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget
requests based on documented program needs.
- Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment and monitor and
maintain inventory in accordance with district procedures.
- Coordinate operational support services such as transportation,
custodial, and cafeteria to best met campus needs.
- Comply with district policies, state and federal laws, and
regulations affecting schools.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct
- Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new
staff. School/Community Relations
- Articulate the school's mission to community and solicit its
support in realizing mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate
activities to meet those needs using appropriate and effective
techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise and evaluate the work of
professional staff as assigned by the school principal. Direct the
work of teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel
and others as assigned. Mental Demands/Physical
Demands/Environmental Factors: Tools/Equipment Used: Standard
office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
Posture: Frequent sitting and standing; occasional
bending/stooping, pushing,/pulling, and twisting Motion: Repetitive
hand motions;frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional
reaching Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than
15 pounds) Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; work
inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement
weather), exposure to noise; occasional districtwide and statewide
travel Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain
emotional control under stress
Keywords: Pleasanton Independent School District, Pleasanton , Elementary Assistant Principal 2021-22, Education / Teaching , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!