Posted on: May 2, 2021
Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed
solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is
currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a long-term
engagement at one of our Global Medical Device clients in Freeport,
California. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As
a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K
and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You will also be
eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation, and
sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual
performance reviews. Position Overview As an Manufacturing Engineer
placed with KellyOCG you will design, develop, test, and evaluate
new and existing manufacturing systems for manufacturing production
processes including human work factors, material flow, cost
analysis, and process optimization in both production and packaging
operations. Position Responsibilities
- Design and develop equipment and/or processes required for new
products, product changes and enhancements, as well as related
tooling and fixtures.
- Implement equipment and/or process refinements to improve
product throughput and quality.
- Responsible for process qualifications and validations,
including equipment qualifications and material specifications
- Create and maintain engineering drawings in coordination with
the Quality Assurance and R&D functions.
- Coordinate and plan work of assigned technicians consistent
with the corporate objectives.
- Support prototype and pilot production
- Prepares all manufacturing related documents needed for
- Intimately oversees first production runs
- Liaison with R&D on new projects
- Maintain and comply with ISO & FDA regulations
- Assures manufacturability on new products
- Strives for standardization with existing components, products
- Investigates and/or suggests less labor-intensive options to
- Investigate of-the-shelf or easily modified tooling that can
- Determines, with production, standard labor run rates on new
- Develop solutions to production problems relating to materials,
processes, and tooling.
- Develop and implement alternate materials, delivery, and
assembly techniques that will provide cost savings.
- Work in conjunction with New Product Introduction (NPI) group
to transfer process and test methods from R&D through
validations into production group.
- Involves other groups (i.e., materials, quality, engineers,
technician and, production, etc.) as needed.
- Studies operations sequence, material flow, functional
statements, organization charts, and project information to
determine worker functions and responsibilities. Ensures the
maintenance of labor and equipment capacity models.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with
all International, Federal, State, local and Company regulations,
requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or
opportunities to next management level. Required Qualifications
- Completed Bachelor's in Engineering, any specialization.
- 6 to 9 years in a similar position. (preferred)
- Experience in medical products (preferred)
- Process Excellence: (SPC and DMAIC), knowledge of Six
- Working knowledge of applicable requirements related to the
MDSAP jurisdictions. Why Kelly -- ? Your engineering skills are in
demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly--
Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations
where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects,
and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer
the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking
for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to
find your dream engineering job. About Kelly -- At Kelly, we're
always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new
ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did
we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people
with great companies is what we do best, and our employment
opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and
industries around the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer
committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing
accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the
hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation
Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs
that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly, Pleasanton , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!