Fire Sprinkler Technician
Company: Sciens Building Solutions
Posted on: January 21, 2023
THE POSITION IN A NUTSHELL
SciensBuilding Solutions is seeking an experienced Fire Sprinkler
Technician to provide programming, commissioning and
troubleshooting sprinkler systems. This position will work closely
with our Project Management teams and clients to ensure a sound
design, and seamless installation and commissioning of our fire
sprinkler solutions. Ideal candidates will have manufacturer
training, in-house training, and on-the-job experience as it
relates to laying out and commissioning fire sprinkler systems.
This is a key position for our growing team and requires attention
to detail in all aspects of executing projects. Customer and
employee interfacerequirea high degree of effective human
relations. Communication skills, both verbal and written, are
important elements of the position.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (and doing well!)
- Responsible for reviewing system layouts and coordinating with
engineering, project management, and sales departments for a
successful project execution.
- Produce field surveys and daily project logs of
- Responsible for programming, commissioning, and final
acceptance by customers and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs)
of complex fire sprinkler systems.
- Produce detailed commissioning and inspection reports in
accordance with NFPA.
- Responsible for complex troubleshooting and effective
- Responsible for delivering projects on schedule and within cost
- Responsible for programming systems via laptop
- Oversight for project inventory and responsible for vehicle
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Customer-focused; skilled in project and people
- Ability to manage job scheduling and job progress in an
efficient and cost-effective manner, with a strong focus on
- Proficient in issue resolution.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication
- Knowledge offireprotectionindustryand product
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT YOU
- Two to five years of experience in field commissioning and
troubleshooting of fire sprinkler systems.
- Working knowledge of wet, dry, and pre-action systems,as well
as backflows and fire pumps.
- Proficient inNFPA 13, 20& 24 code requirements.
- Certified in backflow inspection and repair.
- Ability to read fireprotectionsystem design drawings.
- Ability to use trade appropriate tools to perform
dailytechnicianduties efficiently and safely.
- Ability to train others to use trade appropriate tools
efficiently and safely.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and communication
- NICET level II.
- Excellent driving record.
WHAT WE'RE BRINGING TO THE TABLE
- Competitive salary based on qualifications.
- Paid time off plan and holidays.
- 401(k) matching.
- Short term and long-term disability.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with options.
- Life insurance.
- Company cell phone, laptop, and vehicle.
- Professional career development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Sciens Building Solutions, Pleasanton , Fire Sprinkler Technician, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!