Senior Cloud Network Engineer
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Role: Senior Cloud Network Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX ( 1st pref) or Pleasanton, CA ( 2rd pref) - Hybrid.
Type: 12 months+ or 6 months C2H
Bill Rate: $110/HR
LOCAL to Dallas or Bay area only. Third party C2C is Ok too.
Deliver network solutions for business applications and infrastructure technology. Lead the development and deployment of communication solutions, including integration testing. Develop turn-over documentation for handing off to Operations teams. Design, deploy, maintain, solutions across, on-prem and cloud networks.
Manage multiple high-priority, high-pressure projects. Act as point of escalation for network related support cases. Implement fault-tolerance across all critical networked environments. Integrate networks with Public Cloud providers (e.g., Azure/GCP) using transit VPC, IPSec and other Secure Cloud Interconnects. Lead the design and implementation of Enterprise solutions focused in the areas of network and data center technologies. Create the governing principles around network design across the organization. Define the network engineering standard processes and procedures. Design, test, implement, and support network infrastructure. Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and network configuration.
Project planning and designing scalable network infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements for a reliable network (includes detailing current and future requirements, planning analysis, project design, cost and personnel resource estimation for project implementation). Ensure network performance and availability meets enterprise objectives for timely service restoration and tuning.
Experience must include:
- Four (4) years designing, deploying of experience, maintaining, and improving on-prem and cloud networks
- Four (4) years of experience with network operating systems, including Juniper, Cisco IOS and NxOS
- Four (4) year of experience with LAN/WAN architecture and implementation for large enterprise networks (10,000 plus devices).
- Three (3) years of experience creating and delivering detailed technical presentations of network solutions to Senior/Executive level Management.
- Four (4) years of experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 advanced protocols.
- Four (4) years' experience with Palo Alto/Fortinet Firewall Design, Engineering and L4 troubleshooting.
- Four (4) years' experience with BGP, OSPF, VSS, VPC, VNET protocols.
- Four (4) years' experience with SD-WAN Design and implementation.
- Responsible for the configuration and support of backbones connection over ExpressRoute (Azure), Interconnect (GCP) and an array of interconnects handled over various virtual gateways
- Responsible for troubleshooting to ascertain root cause of issues
- Perform network system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Map network layouts and configure network devices for user environments
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
--- Cisco/Juniper LAN/WAN technologies (Routing & Switching)
--- Cloud Solution Deployments (Azure, Google Cloud)
--- Cloud Security Solutions (Azure FW, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet)
What are the top 3-5 responsibilities expected of this worker?
-Layer 2 and Layer 3 advanced protocols.
-BGP, OSPF, VSS, VPC, VNET protocols
-ExpressRoute (Azure), Interconnect (GCP) and an array of interconnects
Keywords: Bayone, Pleasanton , Senior Cloud Network Engineer, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
here to apply!