Engineer II, Manufacturing
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Engineer II, Manufacturing page is loaded Engineer II,
Manufacturing Apply locations United States - California -
Pleasanton time type Full time posted on Posted 5 Days Ago job
requisition id 31052022 Abbott is a global healthcare leader that
helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio
of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare,
with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical
devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000
colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.JOB
DESCRIPTION:Working at AbbottAt Abbott, you can do work that
matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your
true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can
grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment
Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program
and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to
getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies
to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists.The OpportunityThis
position works out of our Pleasanton, CA location in the Heart
Failure Division.In Abbott's Heart Failure (HF) business, we're
developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure,
allowing people to restore their health and get on with their
lives.This position will design and develop manufacturing
processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production
schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.What
You'll Work On--- Design and develop manufacturing processes,
tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules
while enhancing productivity and product quality.
- Evaluation of production equipment.
- Production support and process validation.
- Interface with vendors for incoming components.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing process and equipment.
- Utilize tools like Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, and SPC to improve
- Understand manufacturing concepts like Value Stream mapping, 5S
and Visual Workplace to improve quality, labor efficiency, and
- Protocol and report writing.
- Generate and modify manufacturing process documentation.
- Work with cross functional teams as required.
- Develop and implement process improvements.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and
in support of Quality
- Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems
(EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains
positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all
levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on
occasion, as assigned.Required Qualifications--- Bachelors Degree (
- 16 years), Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Biomedical or
related Engineering area or an equivalent combination of education
and work experience
--- Minimum 3 years
--- Manufacturing engineering experience required. revious medical
device experience preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division
business unit model preferred.
- -Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically
diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as
attention to detail.
- -Ability to travel approximately 25%, including
internationallyApply Now * Participants who complete a short
wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO
medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.Learn
more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the
security to help you and your family live full lives:
www.abbottbenefits.com Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for
diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your
future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at
www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on
Twitter @AbbottNews.The salary for this role is between:$65,200 -
$130,400JOB FAMILY:EngineeringDIVISION:HF Heart
FailureLOCATION:United States > Pleasanton : 6035 Stoneridge
DrADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:StandardTRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the
TimeMEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not ApplicableSIGNIFICANT WORK
ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2
consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal
to 50% of the workday)Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English:
http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf EEO is
the Law link - Espanol:
Similar Jobs (1) Continuous Improvement Engineer II locations
United States - California - Pleasanton time type Full time posted
on Posted 21 Days Ago About Us Abbott - is about the power of
health. For more than 125 years, - Abbott - has been helping people
reach their potential - because better health allows people and
communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving
customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions -
across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of
life. Whether it's next-generation diagnostics, life-changing
devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are
advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary
technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives
through better health. The people of - Abbott - come to work each
day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the
health and well-being of millions of people. They push the
boundaries to help manage and treat some of life's greatest health
challenges.We invite you to explore opportunities at - Abbott , to
see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our
openings. An equal opportunity employer, - Abbott - welcomes and
encourages diversity in our workforce.Follow Us:Facebook LinkedIn
YouTube Twitter Your Privacy Choices
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Pleasanton , Engineer II, Manufacturing, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...