Field Application Engineer
Company: Boyd Corporation
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Lead technical point of contact for both our customer (external)
and the commercial team (internal) on new business opportunities.
Should have broad expertise of both thermal products and
capabilities of Boyd as well as end customer applications. Should
be able to assess reasonableness of customer opportunity from
technical perspective, provide initial technical feedback to
customer and identify appropriate Boyd solution technologies. After
initial inquiry, coordinate with appropriate internal subject
matter experts on detailed technical solution, work with product
designers and manufacturing team for quoting, prototyping and ramp
to manufacture of new product solutions, supporting and/or handing
off internally as appropriate. Work to advance Boyd's technical
position in the marketplace, preparing/conducting
technology/capability presentations for customers, preparing
technical publications and articles.Key
- Study and remain current on relevant product technologies at
Boyd and in the market (heat pipes, vapor chambers, bonded fin
products, fans, liquid cold plates, pumped systems and chillers,
thermal interface materials, etc.)
- Study and remain current on Boyd manufacturing processes and
capabilities by manufacturing location.
- Work with commercial team to understand trends and requirements
in the marketplace.
- Prepare materials and provide training to commercial team so
they can interface with customers showing Boyd as leading edge
- Prepare materials and provide training to site engineering
teams on products, processes and manufacturing technologies,
continually driving to upgrade Boyd capabilities offered in
- Identify gaps in our product offering and/or manufacturing
capability and report on identified capability gaps.
- Develop novel product solutions that can be adopted as standard
offerings to address consistently identified needs in the
- Support commercial team as required in evaluating new
opportunities and assessing Boyd's position in being able to
respond to such opportunities.
- Support commercial team in presenting capabilities and solution
approached to customers.
- Establish technical relationships with target customer
engineering teams to become the "go to" resource when customer
needs a thermal solution.
- Establish ownership of developing technical solution to satisfy
customer requirements, particularly on key programs.
- Work DFM with site engineering teams on process, product cost
- Supports program development & cost buildup/estimation
process.Pay range: $125,000 to $150,000 Requirements Education:
- Minimum Bachelors in Engineering -
- 10+ years in electronics thermal cooling solutions(air and/or
- Travel up to 50% -Location:Remote position close to San
Francisco, CA Bay Area.
Keywords: Boyd Corporation, Pleasanton , Field Application Engineer, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!