Senior Architect, Order Management and Fulfillment
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.The Technology Department has an
opening for a Senior Architect, Order Management and Fulfillment.
This position is located in Pleasanton, California.Position Purpose
Senior Architect is senior technologist who oversees architecture &
design for all digital properties of Albertsons Inc. Helps drive
the technology vision, strategic roadmap for digital. Responsible
for making the vision realized by closely partnering with business
& technical stakeholders. Senior Architect will be part of Omni
Channel Enterprise Architecture team and is responsible for
developing Architecture Principles, standards, patterns and
solutions. This leader closely works with Solutions Architects and
other technical leaders in the organization. Mentor and groom other
Engineers, technical leads to help them grow and succeed.Key
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead architecture & design for complex programs spanning
multiple teams across the organization.
- Work closely with Product and Business Leaders to transform the
Business Vision and Roadmap to Design an architectural vision for
delivery teams aligning the product vision and future capabilities
and socialize it within and outside the team.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects
across the organization and within the group to develop and refine
- Provide technical oversight to the development process
including reviewing the technical design and the deployment
- Architect and design Microservices Architecture based solutions
that are inherently secure, robust, scalable and modular.
- Mentor solution architects and technical leads to help build
effective engineering practices.
- Be the go-to expert for technical solution to digital
- Identify and introduce new technologies, patterns as and when
required and assess impact of future technologies on your existing
architecture and solution. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 10 years
of experience OR Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
and 8 years of experience.
- 5 years of experience in software architecture & design.
- Experience with micro-services architecture, design patterns,
and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation,
resiliency, high availability and user experience
- Experience in cloud computing application implementations on
AWS or Azure or Google Cloud is a required.
- Strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for
Omni Channel Order Management System, Availability Management and
Multi-Channel Fulfillment through 1st party and 3rd party Last Mile
- Experience working with 3rd party last mile delivery
- Experience architecting and designing a highly scalable,
reliable omni channel order processing system.
- Experience working in Picking systems and Store Monitoring
- Good understanding of Catalog Management, Product Management,
Inventory and Availability
- Experience in DevOps culture is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of architectural principles involved in
SaaS and multi-tenant platforms.
- Experience and knowledge of streaming technologies, NoSQL
databases and cloud platforms are a plus.
- Experience in Kubernetes, Java, Spring, SpringBoot, Python, or
some variation of these skills is required.
- Experience in Kafka, React, GraphQL, Security Vault framework,
Redis/Varnish cache, and Spark is a plus.
- Experience in cloud logging methodologies for metrics,
applications logging, and tracing is a plus.
- Experience in emerging technologies like Machine Learning,
voice, bots and IOT is a plus.
- Prior experience in Grocery Retail or Retail in general is a
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration
and negotiation skills.
- #LI-MF1 About us Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of
the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and
building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique
vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national
strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that
has passion for food and delivering great service.Albertsons
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success Physical
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
required. How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to
submit a resume by visiting Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons
Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the
different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both
recognized and valued. We believe that building successful
relationships with our customers and our communities is only
possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce
leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual
understanding and respect.The Albertsons Companies policy is to
provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other
conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.We support a drug-free workplace
-- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a
pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - provided by Dice
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Senior Architect, Order Management and Fulfillment, Executive , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!