Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are seeking a Category Manager on behalf of a client located
in Pleasanton, CA. In this role you will determine what our client
sells, why they sell it, how much they sell it for and who they buy
it from. You will help the organization become the vendor of choice
by their clients.The Category Manager is responsible for driving
category performance through analysis of product assortment, cost
change analysis, supply chain issues, future forecasting, vendor
proposals and long term agreements. The position is focused on
category rationalization activities to include new product review,
category assortment review, vendor negotiations related to the
category.You will manage and provide detailed analysis of assigned
category performance including growth objectives. Analysis will
focus on the areas of product assortment, pricing, promotions, new
product introductions, pricing changes, etc. Maintain regular
reports to track performance and identify impact of variables on
category performance against established metrics. Identify and
report on trends, changes and opportunities. Provide suggestions
aimed at increasing category performance.
You will work with Brokers and direct representatives to negotiate
marketing revenue, trend data, sales support and design go to
market strategy. Manage and maintain relationships with vendors
leading product reviews, identification and assessment of
opportunities and negotiating promotions for conferences.
Additionally, the Category Manager will negotiate with vendors who
currently do not have in-place agreements with the organization,
review and assess vendor performance reports, identify issues and
provide recommendations to Head of Category Management and Supply
- Must possess a minimum 3 years experience in retail, food
service or with a consumer goods company.
- Prior experience in vendor relations, pricing and management of
product assortment required.
- Prior Category Management experience strongly desired.
- You possess the ability to operate successfully in a start-up
environment and work effectively across multiple departments.
- You have solid quantitative and analytical skills and the
ability to work in a spirited team setting. Must possess a strong
knowledge of products within assigned category and division sales
- You are highly motivated with the ability to prioritize and be
decisive and possess a strong business acumen and play well with
- You possess strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- You are a savage using Google Sheets (or Excel) and Google
Slides or (PowerPoint)
- Must be able to provide fact-based recommendations across
various levels of management.
- Four-year college degree in business or related field, or
equivalent experience required. Culinary training is a plus
Keywords: Ajilon, Pleasanton , Category Manager, Executive , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!