- Hotel room discounts for Associates (extended to family and
friends) with the Marriott brand as well as Benchmark Pyramid hotel
If you are a team player who enjoys working with others and a
passion for serving our guests, come join us !
J OB OVERVIEW: Solicit group business that enables the hotel to
meet and/or exceed revenue goals in room and food and beverage.
This position was designated for a seasoned sales professional who
is best in their field and continue s to show exceptionally strong
sales performance by consistently being the leader in revenue
- Establish client base of individuals, organizations,
associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct
outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to
ensure that room night sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded.
Actively prospect and qualify new business.
- Achieve personal and team goals as assigned.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space,
and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services
agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and
off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in
accordance with established company and hotel policies and
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance
with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce
monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area
The statements in this job description are intended to represent
the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor
Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with
Federal and State Regulations.
The Pleasanton Marriott is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All our candidates
must be willing to undergo a background check and drug
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate,
convince, sell, and influence prospects and hotel guests.
- Results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for
correspondence, i.e. e mails , reports, proposals.
- Ability to maximize impact, maintains interest, and establishes a
rapport with both internal and external clients .
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage
time and resources.
- Understanding the positioning of the hotel, services provided,
and how the hotel can meet the needs of clients.
- F our years or more of employment in the hospitality industry or
related sales field.
- English is a must; other languages are a plus.