Transmission Planning Manager
Company: LS Power Development, LLC
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Transmission Planning Manager
US-MO-Chesterfield - US-TX-Austin - US - US-CA-Pleasanton
LS Power is a power generation and transmission group with a proven
track record of successful development activities, operations
management, and commercial execution. LS Power has been involved in
the development, construction, or operations of over 42,000 MW of
power generation and over 630 miles of high-voltage transmission
lines throughout the United States. LS Power is actively developing
both power generation and transmission infrastructure to serve the
need for new generation and improve the aging transmission system.
Highly regarded in the financial community, LS Power has raised
over $45 billion in capital to support investments in energy
infrastructure.We are currently looking for a Transmission Planning
Manager (will hire at a level commensurate with experience) to join
- Support company's transmission project
development and operations activities in the area of electric
transmission with primary focus in the Western
- Identify transmission system needs/opportunities and provide
solutions for reliability and economic enhancements to the
transmission system to further company's transmission development
initiatives utilizing transmission system and production cost
- Perform power system modeling including electrical load flow,
short circuit, and transient stability studies. Perform power
system economic modeling including production cost simulation
- Coordinate, review, and interpret interconnection and
transmission studies (short circuit, transient stability, and load
flow) performed by utilities and outside consultants.
- Provide technical support for project development and
acquisition activities in the evaluation of transmission system
issues within the various NERC regions.
- Support transmission asset operations and regulatory compliance
- Represent company's interests on appropriate regional and
national policy making committees, work groups, or task
- Participate in the ISO/RTO stakeholder forums and technical
committees in NERC Regional Entities to represent company's
- Keep abreast of FERC regulations regarding transmission
policies, Open Access Transmission Tariffs, and the evolution of
ISO and RTO transmission and interconnection strategies.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with 5 or more
years of experience in Transmission planning.
- Experience with GE PSLF, TARA, Gridview, PowerWorld, PSSE, and
- Experience with WECC/CAISO transmission systems, processes and
- Effectively manage multiple assignments under time
- Solutions focused team player with the ability to collaborate
effectively with a diverse team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.LS Power offers
highly competitive compensation packages and is committed to the
career development of its employees. Location is flexible to St.
Louis, MO, Austin, TX, Pleasanton, CA or remote.
Keywords: LS Power Development, LLC, Pleasanton , Transmission Planning Manager, Executive , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!