UX Design System Director
Company: Workday, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Your work days are brighter here.At Workday, it all began with a
conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny
California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the
enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing
that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was
driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since,
the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is
central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy
employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of
ingredients for success in business. That's why we look after our
people, communities and the planet while still being profitable.
Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don't need to
hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's
what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all
and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey?
Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day
here.About the TeamYou will be joining one of Workday's most
exciting organizations, the Experience Design and Development Group
(EDDG). As a cross-functional organization of 500 individuals, EDDG
is responsible for elevating Workday's User Experience, and
delivering products that more than 45 million users love. The world
of work is changing, and we are at the forefront! Our team promotes
Workday's core values, with 'Employees' being the first. This is
why we empower you to follow your desired career path and achieve
professional and personal goals, encourage work-life balance and
wellbeing, and are proud to champion equal opportunities for
everyone.About the RoleWe are looking for an exceptional design
leader that has first-hand experience developing design systems and
growing a design system organization through their stellar
people-management skills. You're a strategic and systems-thinking
design leader who actively looks for ways to substantially improve
our design system . You have pixel-perfect standards with
exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility
and usability. In this role, you will be responsible for leading
and managing a broad functional team of product designers, content
strategists, researchers, and potential future growth into other
disciplines. -ResponsibilitiesSystem Design and Dev Leadership
- Lead the visual and technical direction of Canvas' design,
visual style, and technical tooling, with input from director-level
peers of design and development teams.
- Report team and system progress regularly to primary director
leads and executive/VP-level sponsors.
- Direct scope of systems concerns and relevant products to adopt
- Present the system's mission, library, and process to other
groups, including product managers, content specialists and other
design and development teams throughout the enterprise.Product
- Decisively resolve priorities, timing, risks, task importance,
and possible breaking changes.
- Clarify scope to balance delivering minimum useful
functionality with properly scalable system design.
- Identify, monitor, and report on system use across the
- Attend and coordinate with product management release planning
activities to identify library needs.
- Interview and foster discussions with others using the
- Align research activity to assess efficacy of system
- Challenge the system team on what to automate vs manually
perform.Project Management / Scrum Mastery
- Deliver system releases at a predictable cadence.
- Manage the backlog and roadmap of library features.
- Oversee regular team scrum and sprint planning sessions.
- Identify, prioritize, and monitor task progress of design,
development, and documentation across team members.
- Lead regular meetings for critique, scrum, planning, and
- Negotiate and clarify staff capacity for system work relative
to other commitments to deliver releases at a predictable
- Review library docs for editorial quality, consistency, and
- Identify and nurture team growth and culture, identifying
opportunities for team members to drive and lead system
aspects.Workday is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace and applicants from communities that are traditionally
underrepresented in tech are especially encouraged to apply.Our
commitment to inclusion, belonging, and equity for all is why we're
ranked #4 Fortune's , #12 on Fortune'sand #24 on Fortune's.About
- 15+ years of experience and proven track record in product
- 10+ years of experience in managing teams of product designers
and front end developers
- 10+ years of experience developing and implementing a design
system that leads to improved product quality and consistency Other
- Experience with, and strong point of view on how to best
organize, maintain, and scale a design system
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation
style that encourages stakeholder -buy-in
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management,
engineering, and other design groups to ensure a smooth product
development process#LI-EV1As a federal contractor, -Workday -is
-requiring -all new hires -to verify -that -they -are
-fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 -within 72 hours of -beginning
employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. -Workday
-is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not
vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical
reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact - -to
explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions
Workday is able to offer.Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law,
Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.Workday is an Equal Opportunity
Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans.Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask
your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral
Keywords: Workday, Inc., Pleasanton , UX Design System Director, Executive , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!