National Replenishment Manager
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing
approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution
centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices.
We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the
Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco,
Shaw's and many more recognizable names.
Albertsons Companies recently rolled out our Presence with a
Purpose work model. Placing a premium on adaptability, safety and
family well-being, Presence with a Purpose will help us build a
hybrid work environment between remote work and office time. A
one-size-fits-all approach does not apply to everyone, and teams
are allowed to make decisions that are best for them.
What you will be doing
Albertsons Companies has an exciting opportunity to drive
optimization in National Replenishment operations leading large
teams. You will play an integral part in our growth and
transformation as a company, as we seek to provide industry leading
customer experience and grow our market share. In this role you
must be comfortable as both a team leader and team player.
What does it take to be successful here? You have experience in
Replenishment operations and working with suppliers. You are
passionate about driving efficiency and managing processes. You are
a great team leader with a collaborative approach. You want to be
part of a team that will make Albertsons Replenishment highly
efficient and build an amazing culture to drive the overall success
of the company. If that's you then what are we waiting for? Let's
The National Replenishment Manager is responsible for leading a
team of senior buyers and buyers that are keenly focused on the
efficient buying of products from their assigned suppliers. The
National Replenishment Manager leads the team through planning and
inventory management activities to ensure achievement of all team,
distribution center, and company profit objectives. Through
collaboration with Replenishment Category Directors (RCDs) and
Replenishment Category Managers (RCMs) who serve as supplier leads,
the National Replenishment Manager facilitates regular
collaborative planning sessions, ensures that supplier specific
goals and objectives are met, and executes against key
replenishment strategies as assigned. As a key member of the
national replenishment team, the National Replenishment Manager
commits to delivering a high standard of professional
The position will be based in Pleasanton, California, remote or
must reside in one of Albertsons' operating areas
- Collaborate with and provide insights to RCD/RCMs who are
supplier captains to establish supplier specific goals for
performance, leverage data driven scorecards to monitor
performance. Deliver on performance targets for assigned supplier
- Together with RCD and RCM team, define and provide overall
National supplier group goal setting and direction based on key
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with
division personnel and facilitate beneficial communication related
to products and promotional activity to replenishment team and
distribution center operations.
- Interface with other National Replenishment Managers, division
personnel, Merchandising teams, warehousing, transportation, and
demand planning team to accomplish job functions.
- Attend key meetings to maintain awareness of programs and
issues providing relevant National replenishment information in
support of fundamental and strategic programs.
- Ensure the established sales plan is understood and executed by
the buying team.
- Participate in developing and managing Distribution P&L by
providing analyses on relevant replenishment data.
- Monitor National supplier group results compared to
projections, identify solutions and recommend corrective
- Review and analyze operating reports with replenishment team
and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Develop and define best practices for buying team with support
from National Replenishment leadership team.
- Visit stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store
feedback and assess overall effectiveness as needed.
- Work with assigned suppliers to obtain their feedback on the
National replenishment program.
- Remote access (buying system) from home or off-site location
- Train and mentor new National buying team members. Responsible
for evaluating team member performance.
- Seek and implement continuous improvements and encourage team
to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
- Deliver expected business results while putting the customer
- Adopt a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics,
customer insights, and different parts of the business when making
plans and shaping the team's direction.
- Identify, attract, and retain diverse and inclusive team
members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all
its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
- Build strong and trusting relationships with team members,
internal business partners, and assigned supplier partners. Work
collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives.
- Communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence,
and inspire commitment and action.
A copy of the full job description can be made available to
What we are searching for
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent replenishment
and planning, and/or Supply Chain experience.
- 3+ years of experience in multiple facets of Supply Chain
including Retail Operations, Buying, Logistics and
- 3+ years of Purchasing, Replenishment, Planning or Supplier
Management experience in the retail industry; experience with a
major grocery retailer chain in purchasing or strategic sourcing
role with responsibility for working with major national suppliers
of consumer-packaged goods or commodity food products.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiations skills
- Proficiency in PC systems required.
- Strong understanding of meat and seafood commodity markets and
published industry reporting platforms.
- Must have a full understanding of regulatory requirements
including those of USDA, USDC and FDA where applicable.
- Ability to recognize and understand industry trends and impacts
to the region and enterprise.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to make
appropriate decisions in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to represent the company's interests in
negotiations with outside professionals and suppliers.
- Ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
High degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Exceptional systems skills especially MS Office and Supply
- Strong detailed understanding of business operations.
- Working knowledge of procurement, logistics, inventory
management, marketing, accounting and financial management
- Demonstrated people leader: build strong relationships, hire
great people, commit to the growth of individuals on team and lead
- Travel requirements: 5% - 10%
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
#LI-Pleas, #LI-DFW, #LI-BOI, #LI-CHI, #LI-PHX
Keywords: Albertson's, Pleasanton , National Replenishment Manager, Executive , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!