Senior Business Manager
Company: Acosta, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2023
The Senior Business Manager is critical to the current and future
growth and profitability of the Company. The Senior Business
Manager is recognized by both the Management Committee and his/her
peers as a key contributor to the organization. He/she exhibits
high proficiency in performance of responsibilities. The
designation of Senior Business Manager requires Management
- Deliver principals' volume, share, and sales fundamentals goals
(Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing, and Shelving) for assigned
customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Achieve fundamental goals and results at the lowest possible
selling cost while maximizing company revenue (to include
brokerage, commissions, bonuses, contest earnings, etc.). Oversee
manufacturers' expenditures at the customer.
- Develop and sell Customer Business Plans. Communicate
Principals' priorities to Sales Managers, Sales Technology
Managers, Marketing Managers, Business Managers, Account Managers,
and the Retail Selling Organization to deliver in-store presence
and business objectives.
- Demonstrate strategic planning in order to maintain principals'
business and build volume.
- Demonstrate business development (pioneering) skills to result
in new and increased business.
- Serve as customer's primary point of contact on
principal-specific issues (i.e. Category Management, Consumer
Shopping Behavior, and Promotion Strategies).
- Positively and professionally represent Acosta in the Trade
(Role with customer, role on industry committees, etc.); develop
productive relationships within the trade on an on-going
- Deliver Corporate revenue goals on the agreed upon timing while
operating within the Corporate Budget.
- Develop effective systems to manage trade-marketing funds at
the assigned customers in accordance with Acosta guidelines and
policies, as well as those of the principal. Work to minimize Sales
- Manage and participate in the development and presentation of
interviews of new principals.
- Develop corporate relationships with principals and customers.
Pro-actively communicate with key principals.
- Effectively function as a team player.
- Coordinate on-going communication between the General Managers
and key principals, and between principals and Account
- Collaborate with Retail Sales Managers on all major retail
initiatives (new product introductions, selling drives, contests,
- Coordinate principals' market visits and key account
- Solicit principals' support for customer sponsored events and
drives (i.e. Charity benefits, Sponsorships, etc.).
- Effectively use knowledge of customer, market, and principal to
successfully sell principals' specific programs and initiatives as
well as Company objectives and initiatives - involve Marketing,
Technology, and Administrative resources as needed to accomplish
- Utilize Senior Vice President, General Manager, Team Leaders,
and Senior Business Managers to understand and leverage customer
strategies, and to develop conceptual Sales presentations that can
deliver principals' objectives.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of principals'
strategies, selling programs, and initiatives to the Principal and
the General Manager.
- Provide timely information, principals' expertise and selling
priorities, along with retail-ready selling tools (organizers,
surveys, etc.) to the Sales Manager, Supervisor, and shared
resources (Marketing, Technology, and Administration).
- Maintain current account distribution information.
- Review all market pricing reports on a regular basis for
accuracy and competitive activity. Collect and report all
- Assist Account Coordinators to ensure administration is current
- Demonstrate superior technological skills (spreadsheets,
- Utilize computer systems and technology to develop conceptual
presentations to achieve the objectives of the Customer Business
Plan. This includes developing and maintaining personal skill
levels to support the use of retail communication systems (RW3) as
well as basic analysis tools (IRI Analyzer, Demographics, Excel,
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills (including Category
Management) to improve business results.
- Assist in the development of Business Managers, Account
Managers as well as the Retail Selling Organization (Sales Manager,
Supervisors, and Territory Managers).
- Provide feedback to the General Manager on how to build
organizational capacity and improve our business.
- Pro-actively share information and customer/manufacturer
learning's with other team members to help build organization
- Pro-actively manage personal skill development plan.
- Maintain current understanding of key industry initiatives and
trends (ECR, Channel incursion, etc.) on an on-going basis.
Excellent "fact-based" (conceptual) selling skills result in
improved results. Concepts might include: average transaction size,
tier migration, expandable consumption/HH penetration, store
loyalty (demographics), brand and category loyalty, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities consistent with Acosta's
culture with the result being increased business results.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a proven track record in a sales capacity with a food
broker or major national company. Prior experience must demonstrate
sales skills along with the ability to successfully manage and
- Must be proficient in a variety of software packages used to
support the sales function.
- Specific Experience/Skill Set required:
- Product Selling; Retail or Headquarter Sales
- Military Retail/Brokerage Experience
- CPG Experience
- Must have a valid driver's license
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta
Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Acosta utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the
United States for all job candidates. - If you want more
information on what this entails and your rights as a job
applicant, please use the link provided to access information on
our use of E-Verify and your right to work. - Employer Resources
Keywords: Acosta, Inc., Pleasanton , Senior Business Manager, Executive , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...