Merchandising Training & Support Manager
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 20, 2022
About the companyAlbertsons Companies is at the forefront of the
revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building
culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision:
forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep
roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for
food and delivering great service.Albertsons is one of the largest
retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200
stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and
various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District
of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom
Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's, and many more recognizable names.What
you will be doingA Merchandising Training & Support Manager for the
National Merchandising Systems & Integration team develops and
supports multiple applications, processes, and projects. These
processes, applications, and projects enable our corporate and
divisional merchant teams to plan, evaluate, and execute all
promotional and merchandising activities.This role will serve as a
coordinator of related activity, resource allocation, and projects
including planning, design, execution, and tracking. Additionally,
this role will be a liaison for all internal communications about
project status, application updates and enhancements, tools,
processes, meetings, and amplifying best practices. This position
can be located in any of the following locations: Pleasanton, CA,
Phoenix, AZ, Plano, TX, Boise, ID. Main responsibilitiesKEY
- Communicates best practices, processes, and critical
information across the company. Communicate new processes and
changes to appropriate teams and Senior Management. Present
analyses, related objectives, and recommendations based on system
utilization, process adoption, and reporting.
- Organize and conduct regular systems and process training.
Oversee creation of training materials. These training sessions
will be both digital and/or in-person sessions with some travel
- Oversee Merchandising Training and Support Analyst; project
assignments and track, efficiently delegate and execute training
objectives, ensure accurate and timely support is provided by
- Coordinate with Merchandising Systems team to support
development, testing, and implementation training.
- Liaison to Divisional Vice President of Marketing Merchandising
for identifying and coordinating training and support needs.
- Track and communicate all division inquiries, requests, and
enhancements from submission/ideation through execution.
- Project management includes:
- Define scope, budget, and schedule.
- Ensure projects execution meets timelines.
- Conduct regular project status meetings with the project team.
Address questions and concerns of the project team, management, and
- Communicate project progress status, delays, and issues to
Merchandising Systems Director promptly.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet communicated
expectations. Provide support and guidance to the project team as
and when needed.
- Monitor and ensure Merchandising Training and Support Analyst
have up to date training and resources to support and train
business users.What we are searching forRelevant Experience,
Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree in Business preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in Merchandising category management.
- 1+ years of experience in IT project support role.
- Direct group or peer-to-peer training experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Merchandising applications and business
- Advanced analytical and PC skills in MS Office (Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, and Word).
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to present
analyses, relay objectives, and recommendations to Senior
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to prioritize and
deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Ability to organize stakeholders across multiple business areas
to form productive project forums.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with
the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and with competing
priorities and deadlines.
- Self - starter with high degree of initiative, passion, and
ownership in their work. Travel
- Some travel required up to 30-40%Physical Environment:
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office
environment while sitting for long periods at a desk or computer
- Incumbents may use keyboards, telephone, and other office
equipment during a normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
the completion of job dutiesWhat it is like at
Albertsons?Albertsons Culture Principles Compassion: We always
treat each other with kindness and respectTeam: We always support
and recognize each otherInclusive: We always value everyone's
perspectiveLearning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves
and othersCompetitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
customerOwnership: We always take actions to drive our success
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Merchandising Training & Support Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!