Human Resources Business Partner, Commercial
Company: 10x Genomics
Posted on: January 7, 2022
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is
more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century
of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to
change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to
address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology
including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions,
pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and
dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific
breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people
driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for
scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to
finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because
the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead
to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future.
Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Human Resources Business Partner, Commercial
10x Genomics is looking for an experienced, strategic,
collaborative and result-oriented People Partner to join our Human
We believe that 10x's success is due the talented and diverse
talent (Life Science and Technology) that we hire, grow and retain.
Working in partnership with key business leaders and functions
throughout the organization, the individual will lead all people
programs and processes in the Commercial Group.
The Human Resources Business Partner, Commercial will help
employees and leaders be successful through coaching. We focus on
helping employees thrive and get involved in the hiring,
onboarding, development, retention and performance management of
our talent. The 10x culture is at the core of everything that we
do. We strategize with the leaders we support to build the people
agenda and solve people problems to ensure the needs of the
business are met while also making thoughtful judgements that
impact our people. This role will report to our Sr. Director,
Global Human Resources, and will lead the HRBP function for the
The ideal individual must be a self-starter, strategic thinker,
data oriented, and action driven. The successful candidate will
have the ability to be flexible in changing direction and methods,
thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple
priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the
organization, and provide immediate contribution.
- Advocates for employees and ensures that they can focus on
work, by partnering with HROps, Payroll and other teams to offer
processes that are easy to use and efficient
- Champions a phenomenal employee experience by having strong
- Coaches and advises managers on issues related to people and
- Works with managers to quickly identify performance issues and
provide guidance to take the appropriate actions in a timely
- Acts as a change agent to provide guidance and coaching to
managers and employees during periods of change
- Raises the bar in the selection process to ensure new hires are
10xers who embody our culture, not just technical professionals and
recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the
- Works with a sense of urgency to execute problems at hand while
maintaining a high caliber of work
- Understands the needs and goals of the business and recommends
actions that support these goals
- Investigates employee complaints and employee relations issues,
to ensure that we are addressing issues early before they
- Acts as a thought leader for the Commercial Team by keeping a
pulse on the the organization
- Partners in the implementation of 10x strategy through HR
activities ensuring that geographical initiatives align with
- Ensures HR programs, policies and processes enhance our
business and culture and are not burdensome
- Supports ideas and decisions with data so the problem can be
solved for the long term
Required Skills And Background
- 12+ years of Human Resources experience in a fast-paced global
environment in either technology or life science
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Experience supporting Commercial (Sales, Marketing, Support)
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15% is required
Desired Skills And Background
- Bachelor's degree preferred - or equivalent work
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered
without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party
recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x
without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited
and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Keywords: 10x Genomics, Pleasanton , Human Resources Business Partner, Commercial, Human Resources , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!