Coordinator II, Human Resources
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.For years, Abbott's medical
device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more
effective, and less invasive. Whether it's glucose monitoring
systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or
products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders,
our medical device technologies are designed to help people live
their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help
more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of
life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement
disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from
routine ---ngersticks.Under general supervision, the Human
Resources Coordinator II performs a wide variety of semi-routine
and complicated administrative and clerical tasks in support of
human resources activities. Assists, as directed, in the
administration of policies and programs in the areas of recruiting,
compensation, training, employee relations, and personnel research.
Prepares and maintains human resources files, records, and
information. Participates in and contributes to HR projects as may
be assigned. This position will be located in our Pleasanton, CA
office.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provides general information to employees and services as
primary initial interface for employees.
- Supports the new hire process: handles new hire onboarding;
processes new hire paperwork, alignment/system changes, point
person to field new hire questions.
- Processes all terminations/exits, run system reports and send
out to various departments
- Coordinates employee data changes with HR Shared Services to
ensure accurate employee records and support efficient and
- Support business leaders with global responsibility reporting,
utilizing HR information systems and data to run reports and
validate, analyze, and utilize global employee data. -
- Runs HR reports regularly for HR staff and various client
- Provides advanced administrative support Divisional Vice
President of Business HR and other managers/directors as assigned,
including answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel,
managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense
reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business
documents, preparing presentations from source materials,
maintaining supplies, handling teleconference and acting as a
liaison for remote access issues.
- May interface with auto reimbursement vendor and employee
- Maintains updated new hire paperwork and updates as needed
- Remains current on regulatory requirements especially with
regard to processing new hires, terminations, and updates in office
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of employee questions.
Ensures that problems/issues are referred to the proper HR staff
member for resolution.
- Composes and distributes HR communications
- Processes Excellence Awards monthly for Medical Devices &
President's Awards twice a year
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains
positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all
levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Assists HR leader to develop policies, programs and tools to
enhance organizational capability and implement within business
- Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate
Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy
Center procedures (if applicable). Orders business cards and
stationery. - May establish source documents adhering to corporate
standards for stationary and decks of information.
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work
assigned and must have comfort level in managing large amounts of
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other
business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web
site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable)
and owns several shared team sitesPosition Accountability/ Scope
- Consistently interacts with HR staff, high-level executives,
and employee population base.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of
business processes and requirements.
- Frequently handles confidential, business-sensitive information
and manages deadline deliverables.
- Maintains and manages calendars, including meeting and travel
scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts,
maintaining calendars and proactively planning in meeting project
- Primary point of contact for manager's schedule and
coordination.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- High School diploma or equivalent.Preferred
- Some college preferred.Experience/ Training Required
- 3+ years previous administrative experience or equivalent.
Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously,
competing deadlines, and proactively seeking methods to enhance
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality and discretion on
all information and interactions representing the department.
- Strong analysis and decision making skills. Strong attention to
detail and comfort in working with large amounts of data.
- Can work independently and prioritize work.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat,
Visio or OrgPlus, and Outlook.WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have
a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: - Follow your career aspirations
to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides
the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Pleasanton , Coordinator II, Human Resources, Human Resources , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!