Lead Software Engineer
Posted on: April 28, 2021
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY-9901A-PLEASANTON-CA Albertsons Companies
is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores.
The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most
prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal
shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and
friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. The
Information Technology Department has an opening for a Lead
Software Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton,
California. Position Purpose The Lead Software Engineer will be
responsible for the design, development and implementation of
numerous microservices that will be used to fulfil the desired
business/product functionality in the eCommerce order management
and fulfilment space. Key Responsibilities include, but are not
- Build digital solutions, knowing their way around both server
side and client-side code. To be successful in the role, they will
need to have a level of curiosity and excitement to learn new
things and solve highly complex business requirements. they will
need to be motivated to do research to design, develop and deploy
highly scalable solutions. Be a motivated team player by working
closely with, mentoring and helping other junior members improve
their skills. Qualifications:
- Minimum 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing software
applications using Java, Spring Framework
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with cloud platform services and
application development using Microsoft Azure OR AWS.
- Experienced in developing and designing solutions for high
traffic/high volume in consumer facing industry domains.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying
- Experienced with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Mongo db.
- Extensive experience using Kalka, JMS, MQ etc.
- Experienced using front-end technologies like HTML, CSS,
- Experienced with analyzing and tuning code/application
performance under High volume/High availability environments.
- Experienced in developing software using CI/CD, Automation
- Experienced with database design, writing and tuning
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for
deploying applications to those stacks
- Experience in leading the technology team
- Innovative problem solver.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into working
- Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual
contributor work environments.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a
customer service-oriented attitude. How to Apply: Interested
candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting Diversity
is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive
working environment where the different strengths and perspectives
of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that
building successful relationships with our customers and our
communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A
diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking,
as well as mutual understanding and respect. The Albertsons
Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation,
promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical
condition, marital status or any other legally protected status. We
support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position
are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are
hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Safeway, Pleasanton , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!