Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - ETL Lead (00040444691) Job Description ETL
Lead ( Job Number: 00040444691 ) Description Project
ManagerQualification:Bachelors in science , engineering or
equivalentResponsibility:Project Planning and Setup:
- Understand project scope.
- Based on the analysis of the type of the project provide inputs
on project methodology to senior stakeholders (Project Manager /
- Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide
inputs on activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule,
dependencies, risks etc.
- Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide
inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment,
hardware/software requirement etc.
- Analyze in detail resources required for every phase, conduct
estimation of time utilization of different resources and
activities, prepare resource and development plan or provide inputs
and review with PM.
- Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other
business teams.Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
- Along with the Business Analyst, gather requirements
(functional and nonfunctional) from customer.
- Analyze requirements for feasibility with regards to testing
- Provide inputs for requirements prioritization.
- Debrief team on the requirements gathered and seek feedback.
- Participate in client calls and seek clarifications if any.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability matrix along with
- Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and
- Work with administrators to setup security requirements.Design:
- Understand various functional and non functional requirements
and HLD in order to provide inputs to create LLD and review.
- Recommend make/ buy or alternate solutions.
- Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a
- Create code development checklist.
- Prepare UI specifications / mock ups for reports / dashboards
and provide guidance to team members/ designers for creating data
mapping documents or unit documents for ETL & BI.
- Provide inputs to data modeling based on the project
- Walkthrough the design along with PM to the customer and
coordinate to seek signoff on design and other artifacts.Coding:
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Define the Development framework, reusable templates based on
the organization repository and past experience.
- Allocate modules to developers for coding.
- Provide inputs for setting up development environment.
- Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
- Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go
ahead for code development.
- Review final codes written by developers on adherence to
standards/functionality and approve for testing.
- Monitor code merge to build environment and provide
consolidated feedback to design.Testing Management:
- Provide inputs to testing strategy / approach at a high level.
- Review test cases written by team.
- In case of small projects, review/ guide for SIT and other
- Provide support for development of unit/ integration test cases
- Check if peer review is completed at each step of test
- Monitor defects raised and closed.
- Conduct root cause analysis to avoid repetition of defects.
- Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and
close the same.
- Attend QA audits as and when required.Deployment:
- Setup instructions.
- Understand release and deployment environment and provide
inputs for release/deployments plan.
- Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
- Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment
checklist have been completed.
- Monitor and review smoke testing, mock runs.Project Execution
Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities):
- Provide status inputs to the project manager.
- Support Project Manager in creating a weekly status report
including tasks achieved in the week and plan for next week.
- Provide guidance to team through SDLC.
- Track metrics wrt plan and monitor the same.
- Collect and present metrics (utilization, time spent on each
activity / team etc) to the Project Manager.
- In case of change in the project, support in creating a first
level impact analysis.
- Support project manager in gathering all documents required for
audits and maintain them regularly.Service Support and Maintenance:
- Create transition plan.
- provide transition walkthrough to the maintenance
- Understand internal stakeholders (Account Manager, Project
Managers etc) and client expectations.
- Follow through on commitments, achieve timely resolution of
- Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation
related to project.
- Create/ guide creation of knowledge articles on the problem,
workaround solutions, best practices, new methodology implemented,
retrospection report etc.
- Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles.People
- Provide assistance in selection of representative employee
groups for training.
- Conduct training or knowledge sharing sessions.
- Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product
and domain skills on projects.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews.
- Conduct / support managers in conducting appraisals for team
members and share final ratings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding
how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek
feedback and address concerns.Sales Support:
- Understand RFP.
- Participate in ongoing calls with the vertical team members.
- Provide references.
- Create relevant parts of the proposal and identify the case
studies to be included.
- Provide time and resource estimates based on technical
complexity and type of work done earlier.
- List out the challenges, dependencies, assumptions and
timelines required for the project under guidance.
- Provide inputs on technology preference based on the project
- Review with the applicable vertical teams and incorporate their
feedback. Must Have Skills
- Informatica Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require
accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US,
please send an email with your request to CareersNA2@cognizant.com
Qualifications Technical Skills SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level
* Rqrd./Dsrd. 1 Oracle PL1 Required 2 Informatica PL1 Required *
Proficiency Legends Proficiency Level Generic Reference PL1 The
associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is
in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can
actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and
projects. PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and
specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively
demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or
projects. PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert
for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating
and synthesizing solutions using the skill. Job Application
Development / Application Maintenance Primary Location United
States-California-Pleasanton - CA USA, CLT Employee Status Full
Time Employee Schedule Full-time Job Type Standard Job Level
Professional Shift Day Job Travel No Job Posting Feb 4, 2021,
5:12:02 PM Domain Datawarehousing & Business Intelligence
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Pleasanton , ETL Lead, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!