Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.The Technology Department has an
opening for a Solutions Architect in the Loyalty and Digital
Marketing group to create and deliver solutions that operate
efficiently in a large-scale environment. This position is located
in Pleasanton, California.Position Purpose The Loyalty and Digital
Marketing programs provide cutting edge solutions to engage and
delight our customers in their online experience across multiple
brands within the Albertson's, Inc. companies. The ideal candidate
will be passionate in improving to create a compelling digital
experience for 20M+, and growing, customers in our online channels.
Working in a fast-paced agile development environment, this
position will be critical in delivering solutions to advance the
capabilities of our Loyalty & Digital Marketing platforms and be
part of a stellar team.Key Responsibilities include, but are not
- Provide technical leadership, architecture and design solutions
of digital capabilities and business opportunities within Loyalty
domain to enable creation of impactful customer
experiences/engagement across channels and markets for Albertsons
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise
the business on approach and tradeoffs.
- Keep up to date on cutting edge/emerging solutions/technologies
on Cloud, IoT, mobile, AI/ML, social, Big Data etc.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand business
requirements, identifying solution gaps and available capabilities,
and defining solutions to meet the business needs.
- Translates business domain understanding and context to
technical capabilities for technical architects and development
- Defining data and integration architectures to support
automation and own the detail integration patterns for integrating
- Work closely with a Product Management, Architecture, Data
Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Information Security groups
to define and deliver the overall solution including contributing
to roadmap of backlog of priorities.
- Continuous partnership with cross functional teams, including
vendor partners, to ensure all solutions are being developed with
continuity of the enterprise solution ecosystem, while meeting all
security, data governance, legal, risk and compliance
- Collaborate with Enterprise & Data Architecture teams to shape
enterprise architecture guardrails, standards, and patterns.
- Ensure quality guidelines and control process are created and
implemented for the technology platforms and products working with
- Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills
and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within
matrices, 'virtual' and flat environments.
- Partners with Tech Leads and Architects in driving modular,
services-oriented integration and solution architectures.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or
relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of
education or work experience.
- 10+ years practical programming (hands-on) experience (OOAD,
Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST, Spring boot
and Spring platform, Junit, Mocking Libraries).
- 5+ years acting as a principal architect for major systems and
- Experience gained in a Senior Architect role, leading or
mentoring a small team of more junior less technical architects and
engineers, able to guide them, review their work, drive best
- Experience in delivering automation Loyalty projects,
collaborating with distributed global teams in a matrix/flat
organization and working alongside Leads/Management team and
- Strong familiarity and experience with Microservice
architecture, Java technologies and framework, high-frequency
data/event streaming architecture and NoSQL/RDMS.
- Significant understanding and experience in best practices
around systems integration, security, performance, and data
- An excellent communicator - for building relationships,
managing stakeholders, working with clients and delivery teams -
both orally and written and for technical and non-technical
- Ability to assess product management and marketing business
needs and translate these requirements into efficient and scalable
digital marketing solutions.
- Significant experience with the full software development
lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative
- Excellent listening, presentation, and written and verbal
- Effective time management skills: ability to prioritize,
delegate and meet deadlines.
- Preferred experience with implementing applications on the
cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Preferred experience with NoSQL databases like Casandra or
- Preferred experience with Redis Cache.
- Preferred experience with Reactive/non-blocking frameworks like
Play/Reactor is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Kafka is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Spark is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Hadoop is a plus.
Ajax, AngularJS, and/or jQuery) and Mobile Native (iOS and
- Preferred familiarity with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or
Kubernetes. About us Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of
the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and
building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique
vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national
strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that
has passion for food and delivering great service.Albertsons
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success Physical
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
required. How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to
submit a resume by visiting Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons
Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the
different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both
recognized and valued. We believe that building successful
relationships with our customers and our communities is only
possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce
leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual
understanding and respect.The Albertsons Companies policy is to
provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other
conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.We support a drug-free workplace
-- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a
pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - provided by Dice
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Solutions Architect, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!