Company: Peet's Coffee & Tea
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Since 1966, we have remained dedicated to the passionate pursuit
of truly distinctive quality in the cup, and everything it takes to
get there. We are committed to the artisan practice of
extraordinary selectivity, roasting by hand in small batches, and
ensuring that every bean is meticulously fresh. Simply put, our
core belief of uncompromising quality coffees and teas is the
inspiration that drives everything we do.
This inspiration is reflected in six Values that ground our
culture: Mastery, Authenticity, Passion, Community, Ownership and
Growth. These Values apply to all Peet’s employees as part of the
leading, gold-standard coffee company: Peet’s Coffee.
The Store Manager is the store’s leader responsible for
embodying Peet’s Vision, Mission, and Values. The Store Manager
leads the store team in execution of the Retail Operating
Philosophy (ROP). S/he is responsible for the store’s overall
performance to the Balanced Scorecard. S/he is an inspirational
leader who expands and deepens passion by ensuring unequaled
quality and customer service, overseeing all aspects of store
operations, and building a strong and well developed store team.
The Store Manager drives for results, continuously seeking
improvements to enable team, store, district, and company growth.
This position reports to the District Manager.
- Lead excellent customer service through in-the-moment coaching,
role modeling, and utilizing Mystery Shop Program results and
“Mission Inspired” customer feedback to reinforce and improve
quality of service.
- Calibrate and supervise staff to ensure product freshness and
uncompromising quality standards.
- Plan and execute the scheduling and deployment of staff,
utilizing the Shift Planner and Service Leader to ensure that all
team members work effectively together within their roles to
provide superior customer service and meet speed of service and
- Ensure customer feedback and concerns are addressed within a
- Demonstrate ownership of the store by ensuring cleanliness,
organization, and attractiveness of store’s interior and
- Protect store assets, facilities, and team members by ensuring
all team members’ adherence to operational guidelines and
standards, compliance with all safety and security policies, the
proper functioning and maintenance of store equipment, and
performance of all financial transactions according to the Cash
- Maintain current and accurate business, legal, and personnel
records and store resource materials by actions such as performing
daily and weekly payroll and labor responsibilities, review and
maintenance of all timekeeping records, and ensuring company
communications are cascaded as appropriate to all store team
- Supervise the inventory management process. Drive low COGS
through meticulous management of the monthly and biannual physical
- Review appropriate financial reports to determine sales
opportunities and cost control gaps and improvements. Manage
Financials, using the Balanced Scorecard, to meet budget objectives
and “flow through” goals. Regularly review results of the Balanced
Score Card results with store team. Find creative solutions or
create appropriate action plan upon determining business or store
- Oversee store promotions, store presentation, visual
merchandising, and everyday marketing and merchandising standards.
Implement store events through proper planning and scheduling.
- Deliver retail initiatives, Quarterly Store Plans, and
participate in business development meetings with the District
Manager to assess progress and determine growth opportunities.
- Develop and sustain business through community marketing
- Forecast hiring needs and actively recruit, interview, and hire
qualified Retail Associate and Shift Lead candidates that meet the
needs of the business.
- Ensure effective succession planning by identifying and
developing future leaders with an interest and potential to
- Provide regular coaching and feedback while linking role to
results to identify potential for improvement. Identify and ensure
timely follow-up on all personnel issues.
- Ensure all roles, including coffee and tea specialist, bar
specialist, peer coaches, and marketing specialist, are filled
within the store to meet service needs as well as provide team
- Oversee all training programs within the store and provide
guidance, direction, and support so team members are ready to
perform in their roles.
- Enable and inspire the team to share passion for coffee and tea
with customers in a meaningful way by leading and/or supporting
frequent coffee and tea tastings to create a culture of superior
product, knowledge, and service.
- Role model teamwork and respect in accordance with Peet’s
Values. Maintain positive and productive relationships with all
team members as well as other stores and departments.
- Utilize rewards and recognition with the team to acknowledge
and inspire positive performance.
- Participate in community events that foster community
- *This job description captures the position’s essential
responsibilities. It is not intended to record all duties and
expectations of the position as may be communicated and assigned by
the Regional or District Manager, as necessary.
- A minimum of three years experience as a manager for a high
quality food service or retail provider with high customer service
standards and/or related experience and training.
- Consistent demonstration of ability to lead excellent customer
service and passion for quality.
- Consistent demonstration of ability to successfully lead store
operations while growing the business.
- Proven ability to build a strong and well developed store
- Consistent demonstration of performance that embodies Peet’s
Leadership Blend Competencies and Peet’s Vision, Mission, and
The Store Manager role is a full-time, non-exempt position,
offering competitive compensation commensurate with the level of
responsibilities described above, including a quarterly bonus
opportunity and attractive benefits package.
Keywords: Peet's Coffee & Tea, Pleasanton , Store Manager, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!