Technical Lead, Marketing & Merchandising (Own Brands)
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Technical Lead, Marketing & Merchandising (Own Brands)
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a
Technical Lead, Marketing & Merchandising on the Own Brands team.
This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead projects coordinate with development and other vendor
- Provide technical leadership, coach, and mentor team
- Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and
proactively identify opportunities to fix issues.
- Must be able to make sound decisions based on incomplete
information, under pressure and maintain project focus.
- Developing strong working relationships at levels in the
business and IT community to ensure overall project
- Assist in managing expectations with both business and IT
stakeholders regarding functionality, scope, and deliverables.
- Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing
a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and
- Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective
- Analyze highly complex business requirements.
- Design and create technical specifications to design or
redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Analyze problems outlined by Business Systems Analysts in terms
of detailed technology requirements and capabilities.
- Ensure logic and design is in alignment with core architecture
of the system/application.
- Analyze existing product software and recommends modifications
which will enhance operating capacity and meet business
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops
highly complex original code.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation,
and analysis efforts.
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test
data, testing, and debugging of programs.
- Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms
and applications to production.
- Guide new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems) and/or
equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in developing software
applications using Java, JMS, Spring Framework, Spring Boot backend
REST services and microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience with cloud platform services and
high-volume enterprise applications
- 5+ years of experience with relational and non-relational
(NoSQL) databases such as Oracle, DB2, UDB, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Extensive experience using Data Stage/ETL, Kafka, Spring Batch
- 2+ years of Salesforce configuration experience.
- 7+ years of programming experience including experience,
including integrating applications across diverse technical
- Strong experience with application server (WebSphere, WebLogic)
and database technologies (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) required.
- Building integrated solutions using third party B2B and B2C
vendor systems using tools such as Data Power, Axway, Oracle B2B,
MQ for data interchange
- Product Life Cycle experience greatly desired.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/AIX, Windows, and Mainframe
- Strong experience with the full software development lifecycle
and software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Strong Experience in migrating applications to public
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, Google etc.).
Familiarity and experience with private/hybrid cloud
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with
attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve
issues that may affect delivery.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with senior
application architects and project managers and gain their
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work
effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside
contracting vendors and software application providers, both
onshore and offshore.
- Strong ability to mentor, coach, and train lower level
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond
formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral), customer
service and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of emerging business solutions, technologies, and
- Ability to contribute to making critical and successful
decisions under pressure.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Technical Lead, Marketing & Merchandising (Own Brands), Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!