Product Management Associate
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Product Management Associate
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Own Brands department, has an opening for a Product
Management Associate on the Own Brands team. This position is
located in Pleasanton, California.
The Product Management Associate in the Own Brands business
supports the Product Management teams. The responsibilities of this
position primarily include supporting the unit through making
recommendations based on in-depth analysis, project management as
well as assisting in managing the Own Brands business to deliver
annual sales growth and profit targets.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Category Analysis Includes identifying driving factors behind
trends (in own brands, competing brands, and rest of market),
recommending opportunities for assortment gains, and analyzing base
business to discover and resolve issues early on.
- Supporting Product Management in managing all aspects related
to achieving its performance goals. Includes business reviews,
making new item presentations, managing timelines for new product
development and leading any other day-to-day priorities. Managing
complete and accurate timelines, trackers, and forms.
- Manage maintenance projects and select new items to ensure
milestones are met.
- Reporting and analytics behind new item metrics determining
feasibility of a new item within a category, estimating annual
volume, and providing cost and retail targets.
- Category & Product Optimization - Taking part in all relevant
category reviews and providing analysis to support Own Brands
(pricing, assortment, schematics, promotion, etc.)
- Inventory Management - Monitoring new item ramp up and
estimating run out time of discontinued items.
- Product Management - work with cross functional teams including
Product Development, Regulatory, Sourcing, Package Design and
Finance in new product development process.
- Influence cross functional teams and task completion.
- Ability to bend, lift up to 20 lbs., and stand for long periods
of times to create mockup displays or image projects.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business Marketing, Economics,
- 1 or more years of related experience.
- 1+ year in a CPG marketing or analysis role preferred.
- Strong analytical skills): category management analytics PC
skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and identify key
trends/results and present to management.
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication
- Able to independently analyze promotions to determine its
effectiveness and/or evaluate best options. Uses this knowledge to
make recommendations on promotion programs.
- Knowledge of syndicated data (IRI, ACNielsen, Shopper card
analysis). Able to independently complete analysis of category,
brand, competitive and promotional activity to identify key trends
and business implications.
- Consumer Information Synthesis: Consistently accesses and
analyzes a broad range of consumer data to develop robust
recommendations based on a convergence of evidence. Able to
identify key insights and indicated actions based on the data. Able
to separate "nice to know" from "need to know" information.
- Understands basic principles of label and packaging design and
able to, with guidance, create design briefs for minor projects and
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Can plan and organize analysis and small project plans.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies/tools/skill sets.
- Understands project management and can manage timelines.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Product Management Associate, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!