PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking QC Chemist I
Responsible to perform activities necessary to maintain and
operate the Specialty Chemical QC laboratory during assigned shift.
Responsible to carry out technical tasks and support production
operations; perform routine and non-routine chemical testing of raw
materials, bulk products, finished goods, and validation samples;
and evaluate and implement chemical analysis procedures. The QC
Chemist will be responsible for ensuring that samples are
collected, tested, and reviewed according to quality requirements,
and results reported are valid, accurate, and documented per
applicable regulatory and corporate requirements. QC Chemist may be
required to perform or participate in tasks associated with method
validation and transfers.
* Performs HPLC, UPLC, GC, NMR, Mass Spec and other chemical
testing for QC samples of raw materials, bulk products, finished
goods, and validation samples using approved procedures.
* Resolve problems with instruments, test methods, lab
chemicals, and samples with direct support from Management.
* Assure calibrations, standards, logbooks and other compliance
activities are performed in the laboratory.
* Independently write experiment summaries, laboratory
investigations, technical reports, operation and test method
procedure documents, and review documents comprising, but not
limited standard operating procedures, standard test methods,
validation protocols and reports.
* Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards
in laboratory operations, foster morale and teamwork.
* Complies with policies and procedures in order to maintain
compliance with legal regulations, health and safety, and
regulatory requirements as written.
* Participates in lean lab operation, 5S laboratory layout,
preventive action & continuous improvement programs.
* Participates and performs in cross-training to support staff
availability within QC department.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Possess a thorough understanding of laboratory safety
requirements and the MSDS system.
* Possess a thorough understanding of chemical test methods and
chemical instrumentation, preferably some combination of HPLC, GC,
UV/VIS, NMR, Mass Spec and intermediate wet chemistry
* Possess effective interpersonal, leadership and organizational
* Possess the ability to use personal computers for word
processing and data manipulation.
* Possess the ability to work on many tasks simultaneously with
minimal support from Manager.
* Possess the ability to use common sense and good judgment when
faced with decisions during testing.
* Demonstrated success at writing, revising, and complying with
SOPs, protocols/reports, and QC methods.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelors degree (BS) in Analytical Chemistry or a closely
related major. Must have 4+ years of chemical laboratory
* Strong background in organic chemistry and experience
troubleshooting analytical results preferred.
* Experience in the isolation and enrichment of product- and
process-related impurities required. .
* Experience in a biotech environment preferred.
* SAP experience preferred.
* Method development and method verification/validation
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier
specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a
full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including
Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive,
and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and
years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that
our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more
about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$