Scientist II, Manufacturing Sciences
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work. And you'll have the opportunity for continual
growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development.
With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment
in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
How you will make an impact?
The Pleasanton manufacturing sciences group is seeking for an
experienced and highly motivated Scientist to work with a team in
developing manufacturing processes for DNA/RNA/modified
oligonucleotides. The candidate will have a strong understanding of
nucleic acid chemistry, a broad understanding of instrumentation
required for manufacturing processes, strong writing skills, and
the ability to collaborate efficiently as part of a cross
functional team including manufacturing, R&D, Product Managers
and external partners.
What will you do?
- Work with team to investigate trends, performs statistical
analysis to analyze the trends, conduct root cause analysis,
provide recommendation and implement corrective action for
- Provide technical support to manufacturing department.
- Assist practical process improvement efforts that improve the
manufacturability of the product.
- Lead multiple projects and initiatives concurrently to meet
product as well as process release/transfer timelines.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization such as
suppliers, operations, logistics, QA, EHS, and R&D to resolve
technical issues and support products.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager,
extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the
department, as assigned.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS Degree, 2+ years/ MS Degree, 1+ years of experience in
- Proven track record to prioritize and consistently develop a
smooth efficient manufacturing process.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate processes,
timelines and schedules clearly.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications especially
in Excel visual basic applications.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management
- Maintain confidentiality of laboratory data and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Broad experience with instruments that are used for
oligonucleotide manufacturing such as oligonucleotide synthesizers,
HPLC, MS, Spectrophotometer, PAGE, liquid handlers.
- Good reasoning, trouble-shooting skills and strong logical
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers
accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in
the job application process. For example, this may include
individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision,
mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a
disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require
accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of
our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*.
Please include your contact information and specific details about
your required accommodation to support you during the job
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with
disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation
in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes,
such as not being able to get into the career website, following up
on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues
will not receive a response.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Pleasanton , Scientist II, Manufacturing Sciences, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!