Posted on: May 3, 2021
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better,
every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to
think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep
learning. We work hard, and have fulfilling personal lives. And
were all able to make a positive impact at Clorox, in our
communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us
into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth
growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
Open to remote work!
As a Senior Toxicologist you will work within a team of product
safety, chemical management and regulatory professionals in the
Global Stewardship (GS) department to deliver a robust global
product safety program and drive value for a diverse portfolio of
products across a variety of businesses. Key Responsibilities
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Develop and seamlessly execute product safety strategies,
enabling successful and timely submissions.
- Proactively drive product safety work streams, establishing an
appropriate level of urgency and keen focus on deliverables
- Manage toxicological review and safety evaluation of raw
materials and formulations, utilizing toxicology testing and/or
data waiver strategies and risk assessments, as appropriate.
- Prepare safety assessments, for product innovation, consumer
tests and regulatory submissions; identify risks, develop
mitigation options to influence project/business direction, and
ensure appropriate communication and escalation.
- Develop assessments and recommendations for enabling our
current product portfolio to be used in new/novel areas.
- Deliver hazard and risk assessments through data analysis for
precautionary labeling and hazard communication (Safety Data
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and continuous
improvement of tools and processes for product safety information
management to drive efficiency.
- Remain current with applicable regulations, guidance documents,
and guidelines; interpret complex information and summarize impact
for other functions/leadership teams, in a clear, concise and
- Partner with international regulatory counterparts to develop,
justify, and document product safety evaluations and strategies to
support global initiatives.
- Represent the function/company at external forums; assume
leadership position in external forums, as appropriate.
- PhD or MSc in toxicology, or related field (ecotoxicology,
biochemistry, pharmacology, etc.) with 6+ years of experience in
the CPG industry.
- Board certification (D.A.B.T.) is an advantage but not
- Experience with relevant test methodology (GLP, non-GLP, in
vitro) and risk assessments for consumer products safety
- Demonstrated expertise related to the classification and
labeling of consumer packaged goods (including those regulated by
CPSC, DOT, EPA and OSHA).
- Knowledge of product development processes and experience
providing safety support in product development.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create unique safety
solutions and recommendations.
- Strong customer focus, track record of developing executable
strategies that align with business deliverables.
- Ability to lead and influence stakeholders, build and maintain
- Ability to effectively network internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present critical
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with individuals in a
wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds and build effective
More about Research & Development (R&D)
From concept to reality, our team is building the next
generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of
engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging experts,
who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle
of our products from initial concept to raw materials to final
goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative
products that deliver superior value.
More About Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational
manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products
with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020
sales of $6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and
recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and
- Pine-Sol cleaners
- Liquid-Plumr clog removers
- Poett home care products
- Fresh Step cat litter
- Glad bags, wraps and containers
- Kingsford charcoal
- Hidden Valley dressings and sauces
- Brita water-filtration products; Burt's Bees natural personal
- RenewLife digestive health products
- Rainbow Light, Natural Vitality and NeoCell dietary
The company also markets industry-leading products and
technologies for professional customers, including those sold under
the CloroxPro and Clorox Healthcare brand names. Nearly 80% of the
company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or
No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your
resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct
text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone
posing as a Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these
Keywords: Clorox, Pleasanton , Toxicologist, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!