Sr Formulation Technician
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Sr. Operator, Manufacturing - - Large scale custom lab
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees
in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers
accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical
challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory
productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo
Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an
unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity,
Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year
after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain
world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in
our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer
who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding
achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Employment Opportunity/
Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Manufacture Oligonucleotides for use in the biotech industry by
following established protocols and SOPs/WINs. Operate
semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment used in the Core
Oligo lab. Regularly evaluate test results, either fail the product
or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve,
troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and help
exercise judgment in selecting the best solution. Help provide
decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions.
Proactively identifies production problems.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to
improve lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of
the product and equipment.
- Balance multiple tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in the use of
basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the
ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation (completes BR,
get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to
the attention of the Leads/Supervisors).
- Continuously strive to improve output goals. Demonstrate good
time management resulting in efficiency. Support cost improvement
initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using
supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle
- Inform management about problems/questions; be prepared to
discuss problems/questions clearly. Work in a safe manner. Work
with team members to overcome obstacles. Collaborate, support and
consult with other team members as necessary. Give and receive
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
- Works in a team based laboratory environment. Is required to
lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of
time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with
chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work outside of
regular work hours.
- The above position will require you to work a flexible shift
- Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- College graduate with a science background or equivalent 2
years lab experience in a fast-paced Biotech manufacturing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to
cross-train in multiple areas within the manufacturing work
- 2 year of Manufacturing or Lab experience required (may be
obtained through work or school).
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant
software (Excel and Word) are required.
- Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience in operating automated equipment, robotics, data
- Must be customer focused, able to work under pressure with team
or on his/her own.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a "can
- Is strategic, astute and forward-thinking.
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity.
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought.
- Must be a quick learner with a positive attitude.
- Team player.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Pleasanton , Sr Formulation Technician, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!