Staff Software Engineer
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pleasanton, CA / HID
At Human Identification (HID) division we focus on providing the
best in class sample to justice solutions for our customers across
the world. The HID software team is looking to hire some of the
brightest minds who can help us solve complex technical and
business problems with ingenuity and simplicity.
How will you make an impact?
You will play a key technical role in the pursuit of our mission
to build best-of-breed sample to justice solutions for our global
What will you do?
- Design and develop customer-facing applications that translate
deep scientific data into actionable decisions that makes
difference in our customer's day-to-day operations.
- You will be part of a team maintaining our on-market software
products and evolve them into unified product suites using state of
- Become a thought leader in adopting the latest technologies and
best development processes.
- Work closely with product and program management, engineering,
and other R&D scientists to achieve development objectives
defined together with R&D and product management.
- Lead responsibility for the Java back end design, development,
and implementation of web-based data analysis, data visualization,
reporting, and case management software
- Responsible for initial design and development of new software
and/or extensive software revisions. Define technical requirements
and create user-stories, wire-frames, interactive prototypes, and
detailed user interface specifications and software
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums
as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation
and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex
problems and resolve them efficiently. Use prior knowledge and
experience to provide functional and technical support and
leadership to colleagues
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as
they join the team
How will you get here?
BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related
discipline; MS is highly preferred
- 7+ years experience in Java/J2EE development and Web
Application Development using MVC architecture
- Expert knowledge in database applications
- Extensive experience in Java application development frameworks
and technologies: Apache Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, and
- Experience with open-source technologies including SOA/REST,
Big Data, etc. will be a strong plus
- Ability to develop and guide a test-driven development approach
using frameworks like Junit
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
effectively document artifacts and processes and explain them to
- Ability to anticipate needs and problems while creating
solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks.
Greets challenge and change as an opportunity
This position has not been approved for relocation.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an
unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Pleasanton , Staff Software Engineer, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!