Loyalty Data Analyst
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Loyalty Department has an opening for a Loyalty Finance
Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
However, with the current COVID-19 pandemic, remote work during
Pacific Time hours is the current standard.
In this role you will be responsible for helping to grow loyalty
with Albertsons Companies shoppers utilizing data. The goal is to
give our shoppers a reason to continue shopping with us over a
competitor, as well as incentivize them to add more items to their
grocery basket. We reward our shoppers through the non-digital Gas
Rewards program and digital Grocery Rewards program, while driving
incremental shopping behavior through digital coupons in our just
for U program. Data is at the center of all decisions made to
improve these three loyalty programs. The team specializes in
deep-diving customer level behavior, aggregating results in a
report, and sharing insights with stakeholders including
executives, internal teams, CPGs, and external partners. This
position is mainly focused around reporting loyalty dollars spent
to each stakeholder, and forecasting upcoming loyalty dollars in
the next week/period/quarter/year.
An ideal candidate will have strong organizational, time
management and prioritization skills. They will contribute right
away and have a healthy mix of long-term projects, short-term
projects, ad-hoc tasks, and quick-turn requests. They have good
presentation skills with the ability to simplify and summarize work
and are reliable when it comes to meeting deadlines.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and produce recurring loyalty reporting and analytics
primarily focused on forecasting and budget.
- Streamline recurring reporting to reduce the amount of time
spent manually running reports.
- Provide reporting on markdowns accumulated to provide for
accounting and to collect appropriate funding.
- Interface with a wide variety of internal and external
stakeholders to set expectations and satisfy business needs.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to support
strategic projects and initiatives.
- Take the lead on ad hoc analytics requests as they come in from
- 5+ years work experience in a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, Math, or
Statistics; MBA plus.
- Excellent project management, analytical and problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal and team interaction skills. Highly
- Strong detail orientation. High degree of initiative and
- Proficiency in SQL required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, modeling, data manipulation
tools, and relational databases.
- Experience with Python and/or R, relational databases, and
Visual Basic a plus.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Power BI or a similar
tool) strongly preferred.
- Experience with CPG, Marketing, Rewards Programs or Retail
Category Management a plus.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER