Company: Carefield Pleasanton
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Carefield Living builds and operates outstanding assisted
living/memory care communities by focusing on the needs and desires
of our community members, their families and friends, our Carefield
staff, and the community at large. Our goal is to help our
community members grow and strengthen their network of support and
friendship, gaining a greater sense of purpose and
This position provides direct care and medication assistance to
the residents in a manner that meets or exceeds Community
expectations, including being familiar with and prepared to fulfill
responsibilities as outlined in the following position
- Personal Care Assistant to Residents
- Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper
- Bus Person
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization
through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating
cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families,
fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work
assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by
understanding how this position affects and compliments all other
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load.
Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance
and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Provide assistance (or reminders) with activities of daily
living, including grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair
cleaning and brushing, and transferring to and from activities and
meals, as needed.
- Provide assistance with residents personal environment (e.g.
clothing, linen, and personal belongings).
- Lift and/or transfer residents as needed.
- Assist in meal preparation/presentation, serving to resident,
and other dining- related responsibilities; record and report
changes in residents eating habits to the supervisor.
- Make resident rounds every two hours as required in residents
service plans or as circumstances dictate.
- Record and report changes in residents condition to the
supervisor including but not limited to changes in residents
ability to perform activities of daily living, skin changes,
- Use approved charting criteria and procedures to record
pertinent information in resident charts.
- Immediately report all incidents or accident involving
residents to the Resident
- Care Director/Supervisor and record all necessary information
on the Resident
- Incident and Accident Reporting Form.
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment by performing general
scheduled housekeeping for resident involving cleaning laundry,
bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
Initiate and participate in leisure activities provided for
residents; encourage resident to socialize and participate in
planned activities and programs to develop friendships with other
Follow proper procedures in emergency situations and respond
promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance,
including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from
family and friends.
Follow outlined procedure, physicians orders, and state laws
when assisting or supervising residents with medications. Exhibit
an understanding of and be willing to follow medication policy and
Correct and prevent environmental hazards in an appropriate and
safe manner while observing universal precautions and infection
Assist supervisor with administrative tasks, including:
- Functioning as point of contact during shift for communication
between supervisors, doctors, and families.
- Stock medical and office supplies on a daily basis.
- Daily follow up on bath schedules and vital signs (blood
pressure, weight, and respiration, etc).
- Check residents files daily for appropriate and necessary
- Complete incident reports with physician and notify family
members as directed.
Assume additional responsibilities related to medication
- Maintain security and accountability for medications during
- Inventory controlled substances and provide accurate
reconciliation of the inventory. Count controlled substances with
another staff member each time responsibility of medication
- Review of medication administration record for errors at the
completion of each medication pass.
- Assurance that care and services related to medication
administration are provided in a safe and secure manner and follow
state licensure rules.
- Weekly verification that residents who are approved to
administer their own medication are doing so and, where applicable,
are completing the medication administration record sheet.
- Assistance with the review of medication books for errors.
- Complete medication error forms and obtaining the appropriate
staff signatures before forwarding to supervisor. This includes
notification of the physician.
- Responsibility for medication reorders, including PRN
- Weekly review of medication sheets and verification of
residents capability to administer their own medications.
- Faxing of written or faxed orders from doctors to
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Be familiar with Carefield Senior Living Policies & Procedures
Manual and Carefield Senior Living Staff Handbook.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Attend required in-service training.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s),
customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community
- Respect Residents Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all
people, particularly the elderly.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever
- Observe standard precaution procedures and all safe workplace
- Report any suspected or observed abuse, neglect or
misappropriation of property or funds of a resident to the
appropriate licensing agencies.
- Perform duties under the direction of a licensed nurse, within
the scope of certified practice, and within verified skills
- Pursuant to state regulations, must remain awake.
- This position prefers a high school diploma or equivalent
certificate and a competent history in a similar facility.
- Must possess valid First Aid Certifications and, according to
state regulations, may need to possess current CPR, Certified
Nursing Assistant Certification, state certifications, and pass an
examination and/or skills evaluation. Also, must meet requirements
for continuing education and maintain all license(s).
- Speak, read and understand English fluently.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions
(written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set
limits, tolerances, or standards.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 75 pounds
and push up to 50 pounds. Also must have the ability to talk, hear,
sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls,
and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the
Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency
- The physical demands described must be met by every staff
member. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts,
including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- The facility has priority access to the COVID vaccine
Keywords: Carefield Pleasanton, Pleasanton , Med-Tech, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!