System Engineer (robotic liquid handling instruments)
Company: Sharp Decisions
Posted on: May 3, 2021
A client of Sharp Decisions Inc. is actively looking to bring on
a System Engineer to be based in Pleasanton, CA. Position is on a
long term contract basis. *W2 Only.
- Works hands-on with a strong instrument/platform/assay
development background to troubleshoot systems, especially robotic
liquid handling systems, and automated assay protocols, identify
opportunities for quality improvements, provide root causes of
complex HW-SW-Assay interaction problems, and communicate test
results and corrective recommendations to the team.
- Works independently with general management direction, conduct
hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced
scientific knowledge to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance
to Product Requirements.
- Summarizes experimental results and reviews conclusions with
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status,
particularly of significant findings and results in critical
- Works closely with external and internal design teams to
understand and resolve product performance issues.
- Contributes to feasibility and verification test
- Executes test cases to verify the hardware, software and system
- Applies Systems Development methodologies in a regulated IVD
- Experience in any robotic liquid handling instruments such as
Hamilton, Tecan, Agilent, etc. is desired.
- Laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques
and concepts is desired.
- Experience in design and development of Molecular Sample
Preparation Automation instruments is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of all phases of NGS workflows and data analysis is
- Strong interdisciplinary (hardware/software/assay) knowhow is
- Experience in Systems Development in an IVD environment is a
- provided by Dice
- Required BS, MS or equivalent experience in engineering,
sciences, or related field with thorough technical knowledge;
- Experience working with robotic liquid handling instruments and
strong laboratory proficiency
- Experience working on development of diagnostic devices under
strict IVD design control processes, experimental design, versatile
laboratory practice, data analysis, and data and concept
- Required BS or equivalent with 1-3 years related experience or
MS with 0-1 years related experience
Keywords: Sharp Decisions, Pleasanton , System Engineer (robotic liquid handling instruments), Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!