Consulting Arborist & Urban Forester
Company: Bartlett Tree Experts
Posted on: May 3, 2021
HortScience | Bartlett Consulting (H|BC), a
Division of the F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company, is a
horticulture, arboriculture, and urban forestry consulting firm
that helps state, local, and federal government, public agencies,
and commercial clients create and preserve enduring landscapes.
The H|BC team is based in Pleasanton, CA.
Clients turn to us when they need support with tree preservation
projects, tree risk assessment and management, tree inventories and
management plans, plant problem diagnosis, and soil, plant, and
H|BC is currently seeking an
experienced full-time Consulting Arborist and Urban Forester to
join our growing team. This unique opportunity will allow
you to gain experience across a wide variety of services, projects,
and geographies. As an integral member of the team, you will help
us assess, research, and deliver highly effective and workable
solutions to our clients.
We offer competitive compensation, as well
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a
variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research
- This position involves a wide range of activities, including
field assessments, report writing, project management, client
interaction and communication, presentations at public meetings,
continuing education and maintenance of professional credentials,
business promotion, and other assigned duties including:
- Provide on-site consultation, data collection, field
monitoring, and mapping.
- Inspect trees and landscapes and provide assessments of health
and condition and develop recommendations and opinions regarding
treatments and management options.
- Prepare proposals, budgets, schedules, and participate in
- Assess and evaluate complex situations, form defensible
opinions, and prepare logical, practical recommendations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individual
- Initiate and review billing for completed projects.
- Represent H|BC and its clients at public meetings.
- Assist other company staff as needed.
- B.S. degree in horticulture, plant science, urban forestry, or
a related field; M.S. degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in horticulture.
- ISA Certified Arborist.
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification preferred.
- Valid drivers license and clean motor vehicle record.
Required Knowledge, Skills &
- Knowledge of tree identification (common and scientific names),
biology and structure, and how environment and site conditions
affect the health and structural stability of trees and urban
- Knowledge of construction practice as it affects trees.
- Strong sense of customer service and cooperative approach to
client interaction. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Acrobat)
- Able to use or learn to use basic components of AutoCAD and
ArcGIS; ability to prepare maps in these programs preferred.
- Able to work outdoors for prolonged periods on uneven ground
while carrying approximately 5 lbs. of equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to
communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Able to work efficiently and independently.
- Able to perform visual assessments of plants and sites.
- Able to travel throughout the greater SF Bay Area to job sites
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company
is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Keywords: Bartlett Tree Experts, Pleasanton , Consulting Arborist & Urban Forester, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!