DevOps CI/CD Engineering Lead
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description - DevOps CI/CD Engineering Lead (949423)
DevOps CI/CD Engineering Lead
: Apr 23, 2021, 12:28:47 AM
As a DevOps CI/CD Engineering Lead You will participate in
DevOps aspects of the Agile development Continuous Delivery &
Continuous Integration which includes tools integration,
operations, change management and maintenance. Support full
automation of CI&Testing, develop policies, standards,
guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD
operations and for work of developers. On-board/ train and support
developers from source control, through build automation, merge
resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage
and policies, standards. Enable DevOps by moving code from Dev/
Test to Staging and Production. Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position
is responsible for building middleware solutions.Some of the unique
challenges this position will face include troubleshooting across
heterogeneous environments and understanding and communicating
about the different layers of technology involved.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific
projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the
development of work plans to meet business priorities and
deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies;
coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and
deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective
business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high
priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and
capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by
proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise
with coworkers and customers; building relationships with
cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical
explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new
responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and
managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths
and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting
to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is
responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile
practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure,
multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise,
- Provides insight into recommendations for technical solutions
that meet design and functional needs.
- Translates business requirements and functional specifications
into physical program designs, code modules, stable application
systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business
Analysts and other team members to understand business needs and
- Assists in identification of specific interfaces, methods,
parameters, procedures, and functions, as required, to support
- Leads systems' incident support and troubleshooting for complex
and non-complex issues.
- Supports component integration testing (CIT) and user
acceptance testing (UAT) for application initiatives by providing
triage, attending test team meetings, keeping the QC up-to-date,
performing fixes and unit testing, providing insight to testing
teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage,
and supporting the development of proper documentation.
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with internal
customers and third party vendors to ensure the alignment, buy-in,
and support of diverse project stakeholders.
- Reviews and validates technical specifications and
- Identifies specific interfaces, methods, parameters,
procedures, and functions to support technical solutions while
incorporating architectural designs.
- Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to
ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible,
scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
- Provides implementation and post-implementation triage and
support of business software solutions by programming and/or
configuring enhancements to new or packaged-based systems and
- Reviews and makes changes to technical specifications and
- Develops and executes unit testing to identify application
errors and ensure software solutions meet functional
- Writes technical specifications and documentation.
- Ensures new and existing software solutions are developed with
insight into industry best practices, strategies, and
- Builds partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written
code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns,
and technical specifications.
- Leads, mentors, and trains other technical resources to develop
- Develops, configures, or modifies basic to moderately complex
integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within
various computing environments by designing and coding
component-based applications using programming languages.
- Participates and coaches others in all software development
lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding
of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and
- Assists with project estimation throughout the PLC.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database
concepts, object and data modeling techniques and design
principles, and a detailed knowledge of database architectures,
software, and facilities. Analyses data requirements to establish,
modify, or maintain object/data models. Evaluates potential
solutions, demonstrating, installing, and commissioning selected
- Takes responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability, and
security of specific subsets of information. Provides advice on the
transformation of information from one format/medium to another,
where appropriate. Maintains and implements information handling
procedures. Enables the availability, integrity, and search ability
of information through the application of formal data structures
and protection measures. Manipulates specific data from information
services to satisfy local or specific information needs.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in middleware development and
- Minimum three (3) years experience working on project(s)
involving the implementation of solutions applying development life
cycles (e.g., SDLC).
- Minimum one (1) year in a technical leadership role with or
without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
and Minimum six (6) years experience in software development or a
related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be
substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years experience in systems analysis, including
defining technical requirements and performing high level design
for complex solutions.
- Three (3) years experience writing technical documentation in a
software development environment.
- Two (2) years of IT experience developing and implementing
business systems within an organization.
- Two (2) years experience working with Git source code
- Two (2) years development experience integrating with
- Two (2) years of development experience with Agile
- Two (2) years of development experience with AngularJS.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Apache Maven.
- Two (2) years of development experience on Microsoft Azure
- Two (2) years of development experience using DevOps.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Git.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Java.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Jenkins.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Managed File
- Two (2) years of development experience with the Spring
- Two (2) years of development experience with SQL Server.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Tableau.
- Two (2) years of development experience with Tivoli.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related
: California-Pleasanton-Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building E Scheduled
Hours (1-40) : 40 Shift : Day Working Days : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri Working Hours Start : 08:00 AM Working Hours End : 05:00 PM
: Individual Contributor
: IT ENG Applications Public Department Name : KPIT ADMIN - RC/CFSE
STRAT&DELIV - 9601
: No Employee Group : NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for Important Additional Job
Share this job with a friend
You may also share this job description with a friend by email
or social media. All the relevant details will be included in the
message. Click the button labeled Share that is
next to Submit .
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Pleasanton , DevOps CI/CD Engineering Lead, Other , pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!