Scientist I, Protein Manufacturing (Fremont, CA)
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Scientist I, Protein Manufacturing Pay Rate: $28.50/hr Shift:
M-F, 9-6pm Location/Division Specific Information Fremont, CA Part
of Clinical Diagnostics Division of Specialty Diagnostics Group How
will you make an impact? Scientist I, Protein Manufacturing is
responsible for the manufacturing of products and completes
associated documentation adhering to standard operating procedures
(SOP) and current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). Works with
chemicals and biologicals to manufacture or qualify material for
IVD use. Participates in process improvement projects. What will
- Manufactures conjugated micro concentrates and buffers
- Purifies conjugated micro concentrates on the Microgon
- Determines product's weighted size distribution using Disc
- Performs analytical and functional testing of conjugated micro
- Weighs, transfers, and mixes required chemicals.
- Reviews in-process and completes batch records.
- Participates in daily standup meetings or scheduling
- Participates in weekly lab clean-ups and expired material
segregations, and monthly cold box clean-ups.
- Maintains and orders lab supplies as needed.
- Maintains and analyzes lot histories for trends and
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and validates equipment as
- May participate in process improvement projects such as
updating processes and/or equipment to improve efficiencies and
support business needs.
- May write, review, or modify SOPs, work instructions, and
reports with guidance.
- Keeps department manager updated on all issues.
- Performs other job duties as required. How will you get here?
- Applicants should have a BA or BS degree in Biology, Molecular
Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- 0-2 years of laboratory experience. Experience can be derived
from internships or positions held post-graduation.
- Hands-on experience with Microgon diafiltration system, Disc
Centrifuge technique, and spectrophotometer is desired.
- Laboratory skills and knowledge of safety precautions are a
- Experience in working with potentially hazardous chemicals and
human source materials is a plus. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have excellent math and working knowledge of the metric
system (weights & volumes).
- Intermediate word processing and spreadsheet software skills
with excellent oral and written communication skills. Good
- Individuals must work well in a team environment and be
adaptable to changes in priorities.
- Self-motivated, independent, and strong critical thinking.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented to be able to prioritize
own and other's work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Familiarity with Quality System Regulations: cGMP/GDP, ISO, and
IVD regulations is a plus.
- Manual dexterity. Must be able to lift 25 lbs routinely. May be
required to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally. Why Kelly -- ? Kelly--
Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and
clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you.
Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit
their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching
should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a
professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or
two about the science market and how to get you noticed. About
Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and
advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Pleasanton , Scientist I, Protein Manufacturing (Fremont, CA), Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!