Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Ecommerce Data and Analytics team has an opening for a
Product Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton,
Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested
in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of
data and digital technologies. The Data and Analytics team has the
responsibility to leverage data to inform best in class customer
experiences and maximize return on investment. The Product Manager
will translate the business questions into data requirements and
collaborate in building the analytical layer of the data that can
help business stakeholders use data to drive business value. The
ideal candidate will have a data/ engineering skillset and a
business mindset to bridge the gap between engineering and
business. The Product Manager is responsible for working with the
business in defining and executing, on measures that ensure the
data being collected is adding value to the ecommerce and
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand what data is needed to support business function
- Understand the data tables, data architecture and work closely
with data engineering team and business owners to determine the
best way to extract and present data (BI reporting, machine
learning with front-end user interface, etc.) that supports
business insights and decision making.
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders
throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered
meets the original goals and objectives of the project.
- Identify unmet internal data needs and work closely with data
engineering to ensure they can be addressed in a timely
- Contribute to creating a data driven culture that provides easy
access to data across enterprise.
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to
define the data needs around new product concepts; respond to
stakeholder needs throughout the development process; evaluate
technologies; develop detailed requirements, feature definitions,
implementation plans, and internal communications.
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire
lifecycle of product development, including deployment and
post-deployment activities. Proactively identify data needs of the
project, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as
- Effectively influences and collaborates with others, presenting
and securing approval from senior management and other key
stakeholders, as necessary.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and
works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and
practices to support new features and functionality.
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to
customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and
training for on-going management of features.
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact
and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts
and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral
and written presentations.
- Build intelligent capability and feature roadmaps using
research, data, business context and learnings as input.
- Write user stories as a part of the product development
lifecycle that directly support primary objectives of the project,
are appropriate in size for iterative development, include clear
and specific acceptance criteria, and consider dependencies on
other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree required
- 4-6 years' experience in one or more of the following areas:
data analytics, computer engineering, product/program management,
- Internet and retail experience strongly preferred
- Computer science background and experience with data strongly
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
- Strong quant and analytical abilities -- you use data to make
decisions but do not suffer from analysis paralysis.
- Experience with data and analytics tools is a plus
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer
and business problems
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Experience must include:
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing
technology concepts, experience evaluating trade-offs and new
opportunities with technical team members
- Experience in ecommerce, with a deep understanding of data and
analytics is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of aligning to an overarching product
vision, using data and analysis to support strategy and
prioritization, and day to day product execution
- Experience with technical product backlog management and
prioritization of user stories
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Product Manager, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!