Scrum Master, CMO
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Scrum
Master within the Cloud Management. This position is located in
The Scrum Master within the Cloud Management Office performs a
lead role in executing a multi-year strategy to move Albertsons to
100% public cloud. This position will coordinate the migrations of
multiple applications following defined playbooks through the
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the work stream follows the Albertsons Cloud Governance
- Serve as point person and scrum master for Albertsons for a
given cloud migration work stream, ensuring all agile practices are
followed including sprint planning, sprint grooming, standups,
participating in Scrum of Scrums.
- Perform the lead role in converting the high-level cloud
strategy into a multi-year execution plan spanning 50+ independent
teams and multiple vendor partners.
- Work closely with application owners to ensure key resources
are available and application artifacts are current prior to
starting application migrations.
- Work closely with business facing portfolios to help them
understand how the big picture plan relates to their area.
- Understand Continuous integration and deployment and exhibit
ability to run projects in the Scrum and Kanban methodologies, with
multiple outside dependencies and remote project team members.
- Perform ongoing program level risk management, identify risks
and drive teams to perform the needed mitigation or contingency
- Review active project level issues and identify additional
areas in need of attention. Actively drive program level issues to
closure or appropriately escalate to the executive steering
- Facilitate discussions that lead to the resolution of project
issues and development impediments.
- Report project progress to Program Management and executive
- Properly manage shared resources across multiple projects
- Ensure all proper training and user documentation has been
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Agile Software
Development Methodology and incremental delivery.
- Communicate openly and frequently with stakeholders and subject
matter experts regarding the state of the project.
- Actively contribute to the company's Agile and Lean Community
through participation in the internal Agile Community of Practice
and Scrum Master Forums
- Servant Leader - Must be able to garner respect from his/her
team and be willing to be hands-on.
- Communicative - Must be able to communicate well with diverse
teams and executive level stakeholders from the business in both
verbal and written communications.
- Facilitative - Must be able to coordinate and lead Scrum
meeting, team discussion, Scrum of Scrums.
- Attitude of transparency - Must desire to bring disclosure and
transparency to the business and Program Management to grow
- Impediment & Conflict resolution - Must be able to facilitate
discussion and facilitate alternatives or different
- Assertive - Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and
principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and
authority, make the tough calls.
- Continual improvement - Must continually be growing one's craft
learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a
- Attitude of empowerment - Must be able to lead a
- Quick learner - Must be able to quickly gain a high-level
understanding of Scrum Teams Project Vision/Scope
- Team Player -- Must be able to work closely with Product
Owner(s) in facilitating team and business discussions.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown/burnup metrics,
velocity, cycle time and task definition
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or
- 4+ years of work as a team member on a scrum project
- 3+ years acting as a ScrumMaster in software development
environment working with multiple teams.
- Previous experience with medium to large projects in Retail
Companies is a plus
- Previous cloud experience and large-scale transformation
- ScrumMaster certification (CSM) preferred.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be
action-oriented and decisive.
- Deep familiarity and understanding of Agile practices, SCRUM,
Test Driven Development, XP, & Kanban
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts,
ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under
pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
- Extensive creativity, drive, high energy level, and the ability
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Safeway, Pleasanton , Scrum Master, CMO, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!