Paralegal II - Employment Law
Posted on: June 3, 2021
CORPORATE OFFICE BLDG F-9946F-PLEASANTON-CA
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest foods and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons family of brands
includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing,
including Safeway, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's and Vons, and it
has a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our
associates, we have locations across the U.S.
The Legal Department is a group of talented attorneys and legal
professionals who pride themselves on being trusted advisors,
thought partners, and strategic problem solvers for the business.
Our work is challenging, innovative and dynamic. We are committed
to acting with the highest standards of ethics and integrity. We
strive to have a positive impact on our associates, customers and
What you will be doing
We have an opening for a Paralegal II who will assist the Vice
President-Employment Law, the Company's in house employment
litigator and its Assistant General Counsels in providing
practical, timely, and high-quality legal services to the
Albertsons Companies. This position will support the Legal
Department's attorneys by conducting research, collecting documents
for litigation, interviewing witnesses, responding to
administrative complaints, interacting with outside counsel, and
fulfilling a variety of paralegal duties. The primary
responsibility of this position is to facilitate the business
objectives of the Company by providing timely and effective
paralegal support to Company.
- Assist Company's attorneys in providing support to the Company
and the Divisions on a variety of legal issues.
- Collect information as needed and coordinate Company responses
to small claims actions, third-party subpoenas and other legal
- Coordinate with corporate and division business units to
investigate and directly respond to, or prepare responsible
attorney or manager's response to, customer and vendor claims and
- Research and directly respond to, or assist in preparation of
responsible attorney's response to, government agency inquiries and
requests concerning statutory or regulatory compliance issues.
- Litigation support for in-house and outside counsel, to include
identifying and interviewing witnesses, and locating and compiling
documents required to respond to litigation discovery
What we are searching for
- Bachelor's degree.
- Paralegal certificate is preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house
law department is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of one or more of the
following areas of legal practice: immigration law, employment
litigation, administrative claims or general litigation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize
assignments and handle multiple tasks without compromising accuracy
and attention to detail.
- Commitment to maintaining sensitive business and personnel
information in confidence.
- Experience supporting litigation.
- Experience handling wage and hour litigation a plus.
- Legal Research using Westlaw or Lexis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire
trust and confidence with stakeholders at high levels.
Keywords: Safeway, Pleasanton , Paralegal II - Employment Law, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!