Manager, Data Quality
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Manager, Data Quality
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Data Governance team has an opening for a Data Quality
Manager. This position preferred location is Pleasanton,
Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested
in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of
data and digital technologies. The purpose of the role is to lead
the enterprise data quality effort for Albertsons Companies. This
role reports directly to the Head of Data Governance and is
responsible for establishing the enterprise data quality
monitoring, reporting and improvement program to ensure adherence
to the organization's data quality standards. This includes
development of standardized and executable business rules that are
applied systemically across data sources, engagement and education
with data consumers, owners & stewards to implement and enforce the
adoption of enterprise quality standards, and the management of
quality reporting through process, technology, and communication.
The incumbent will assist with the development and management of
quality procedures and the promotion of information governance
policies & standards to ensure the quality of asset data through
all upstream and downstream data channels. The incumbent will also
lead the data remediation efforts and work with business partners,
data management stakeholders, and the IT department to provide
recommendations on resolution of data integrity gaps while
supporting the implementation of systematic and procedural controls
for critical data elements in scope of Data Governance.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate strong information management, data quality, data
analytics, and architecture skills including a strong working
knowledge of data infrastructure and various technology reporting
- Provide leadership, motivation and establish a teamwork
environment for the cross functional data quality team and
processes; and advises, influences and coaches team members in the
development and achievement of data quality program goals.
- Play a key role in leading the development, documentation, and
implementation of data quality procedures and standards to support
data governance office.
- Work with business partners, data management stakeholders and
the IT departments to define and document data quality rules,
targets, and standards.
- Establish change controls over quality standards and work with
functional and IT partners to enforce within organization.
- Work with IT resources to turn business quality rules into
technical requirements and manage / coordinate business testing and
certification activities with data stewards and owners.
- Partner with data stewards and owners to implement, enhance,
and manage governance dashboarding capability on quality
- Define user experience standards and exception reporting
- Partner with IT to implement data quality mart and data quality
- Implement and manage training and education in the data quality
space with users to ensure use and adoption of data quality tools
and processes to improve quality of data.
- Facilitate and provide data quality subject matter expertise
within data governance working groups focused on data quality
- Oversee the development and implementation of detailed project
and work plans for data quality monitoring and reporting efforts
within the data governance organization.
- Coordinate the planning, documenting and execution activities
for the projects; along with tasks, budgets, timelines, and project
staffing to successfully complete projects on a timely basis and
- Lead and provide support to project teams by
facilitating/attending project meetings, documenting minutes and
action items, responding to assigned tasks when due.
- Support Data Governance program management activities.
- Support proactive profiling, data lineage reviewing, performing
root cause triage, and support identifying appropriate owners for
fixing root causes of the issues.
- Develop and refine high quality monthly and quarterly metrics
reporting and set up process for publishing progress communication
to stakeholders & senior leadership.
- Lead issue identification and the process for managing,
tracking, escalation and reporting.
- Work with business leaders, data SMEs and technology to
identify, track and drive business data quality issues' tactical
and strategic resolution across multiple business lines as
- Serve as the point of contact with external and internal
customers for the discussion, design and modification of data
remediation plans documentation for specific critical data issues
impacting the enterprise.
- Document issue management procedures and define SLAs for
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in data quality /governance
- Strong SQL and relational database / data warehouse (Oracle,
Snowflake) skills, data analysis experience is needed to be
successful in this role. Techno-functional individual with strong
business acumen is required. Experience with reporting tools like
Power BI, Tableau etc. is desired.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and issue management
tools and practices.
- Knowledge of data privacy and security related government
regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Strong knowledge and experience in data related activities
(data quality, data governance, metadata, data management, data
standards, data structures, data aggregation, and business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to
speak to varying levels across the organization.
- Development and championing of cross-functional engagement
within data governance and to other business / IT groups.
- Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and
timely decisions to resolve problems.
- Ability to connect data / metrics to business impact metrics
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with senior
- Ability to multi-task several projects at once.
- Ability to work well with others on issue remediation and
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel,
MS Word, and PowerPoint).
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Manager, Data Quality, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!