Document Control Specialist / Drafter / Designer
Company: Ametek, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- 5+yrs experience of web-based PLM required, Agile PLM software
- 3+yrs of related experience in mechanical drafting/design
- 3D CAD package knowledge, Inventor 3D software preferred.
- Understands 3D model structure, creation of corresponding 2D
files, dimensioning, BOM preparation and review.
- Physical requirements: must be able to work indoors in an
office setting. Requires full capabilities to work full time at a
- Motivated and well organized in their work product.
- Autodesk Inventor CAD user and Agile integration.
- Basic Engineering Technician skill set, mechanical assembly,
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work
environment described here are representative of those that must be
met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Gatan, an AMETEK business, that was acquired in 2019 for
$925M, is a high technology company and a recognized world leader
in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art electron
There is always more to see. And when you're working with
electron microscopy, the closer you can get to your sample, the
more of its secrets it will reveal. That's why at Gatan we have
spent the last 50 years working with our customers to push the
boundaries of what can be done with electron microscopy. Together,
we have invented new approaches to problems that deliver fresh
With state of the art cameras, imaging energy filters, specimen
preparation equipment and other EM products and solutions, we take
the most powerful microscopy on earth and make it work even harder
We are currently seeking a Document Control Specialist /
Designer / Drafter for our Pleasanton, CA or Warrendale, PA
facility. This is a permanent position, with shared
responsibilities between Document Control and Drafting/Designing
tasks. Balance between the two areas will be determined by
workloads and available resources.
Document Control Position Summary: Manages document control
system, Agile PLM, and documentation of standard operating
procedures (SOPs) on SharePoint. Responsibility of engineering
services functions that includes design support, schematic support,
mechanical and electrical parts library, ECO and ECR execution and
process, document control, parts obsolescence, compliance
documentation, and sustaining engineering.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manages the operation of document control. Ensures accuracy and
conformance with approved internal requirements.
- Provides training to cross functional groups on Product
Lifecycle Management related to Documentation Control.
- Creates, analyzes, and manages all engineering and
manufacturing changes (ECR, ECO, MCO, Deviations, New Part
Requests, New manufacturers, etc.).
- Manages Gatan standard operation process (SOP) SharePoint, a
dependable and user- friendly system that defines, stores, shares
and easily manages department processes that everyone involved will
have access information.
- Creates and maintains Document Control procedures as needed to
reflect policy and procedural changes.
- Conducts periodic audits of document control system.
- Manages AML, including creation of new vendors and parts,
attaching vendor documentation, RoHS and REACH documentation.
- Supports project managers and engineers in creating and
maintaining BOM and ECO revisions in ERP system.
- Supports Gatan Special Process by communicating with the sales
team when a Special is close to its expiration. Creates a backlog
report for management review.
- Provides drafting and design support (using Inventor) for new
and ongoing engineering projects.
- Prepares 2D drawings of parts and assemblies based on existing
3D designs and provided mark-ups.
- Creates, checks, and verifies 3D assembly structures and BOMs
for accuracy and supports related ECO/ECR's entry and data release
in PLM system (Agile).
- Creates new basic designs using engineering directions.
Keywords: Ametek, Inc., Pleasanton , Document Control Specialist / Drafter / Designer, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!