Software Engineering Manager, Mobile Robotics
Company: Adept Technology, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Omron Robotics and Safety Technologies, Inc.'s (ORT) Mobile
Robotics Team has an exciting opportunity for a Software
Engineering Manager who enjoys working on the cutting edge. The
successful candidate will work with fellow engineers and other
teams in our brand-new, state-of-the art facility in Pleasanton, CA
to help define the future direction OMRON's Autonomous Mobile Robot
(AMR) solutions in the ever-expanding field of Industrial
Automation. With a growing portfolio of AMRs, ORT enables customers
to achieve precision, speed, quality and productivity in their
assembly, handling, packaging, testing and logistical processes.
See our LD, LD-250 and brand-new HD-1500 robots in action here:
Your responsibilities will include:
- leading and mentoring a team of Robotics and SW engineers to
realize ORT's mobile robot technology roadmap;
- specification, design, and implementation of new, novel
features for autonomous mobile robots;
- supporting current products and modifying/improving existing
- Participating in product architecture design.
A successful candidate will quickly contribute to the
development efforts in the Mobile Robotics software team and have
the ability to solve problems through strong analytical skills and
solid debugging techniques. He/she will lead a diverse team of
skilled Robotics and Software Engineers and collaborate with
Application and Systems Engineers, Product Line Managers, Marketing
Specialists, Technicians, and other groups within the
- Good knowledge of Linux, POSIX API, GNU tool chain, and source
- Experience using Robot Operating System (ROS, ROS 2)
- Experience using MATLAB/Octave.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA,
- Experience with project management concepts and tools.
- Experience developing software used in production in industrial
Keywords: Adept Technology, Inc., Pleasanton , Software Engineering Manager, Mobile Robotics, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!