Digital Technical Lead
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Digital Technical Lead
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a
Digital Technical Lead. This position is located in Pleasanton,
Albertsons Companies' IT Digital Customer Experience team has a
need for a Digital Technical Lead. This role will be an individual
contributor role with hands-on engineering responsibilities to lead
Development/Engineering and QA teams in delivering projects that
pertain to the Digital Customer Experience and eCommerce/Grocery
Delivery business functions. The candidate will work closely with
the IT Director or Manager of Digital Customer Experience, and
partner with its peer development team members, other
cross-functional IT teams, business stakeholders and leadership
team distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton
CA, Phoenix, AZ and Manila, Philippines.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise and design solutions for consumer facing web
applications as well as system integration with internal systems
and with external vendors.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and
testing of business solutions.
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise
the business on approach and tradeoffs.
- Work with scrum masters, product owners, UI developers,
back-end developers QA engineers and subject matter experts to
understand the complex technological system to produce integrated
end-to-end solution options.
- Communicate solution approaches to enterprise architects,
project teams, leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like Cloud, APIs,
Machine Learning, IoT, Mobile, Social and Big Data... etc.
- Works with Solution Architects and Engineers to identify and
mitigate architectural risks and issues across programs and
- Ensures that the solution architecture and design align with
the Target Architecture for the project.
- Ensuring adherence to architecture standards and
- Ensuring that the solution meets the functional and
non-functional requirements approved by the business.
- Leverages existing and participates in the creation and
augmentation of new and existing reusable service components and
- Defines the structure of systems, their interfaces, and the
principles that guide its organization, software design and
- Write technical requirements, stories, task break-up at the
- Ensures Integration Requirements & Designs are supported by
standard Safeway Development Patterns and if required augments them
if new patterns emerge.
- Defines and supports reusable application components from a
business and technology perspective.
- Contributor to application development principles and
- Partners with Enterprise, Application, and other Lead
Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and
- Able to provide coding and technical direction to less
experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Lead projects, provide technical leadership, coach and mentor
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or
relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of
education or work experience
- 10+ years of hands-on programming and integration experience
- Significant experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is
- Experience in search technologies, e.g. Elastic, Solr, Apache
Lucene is required
- Experience in the e-commerce domain, with deep understanding of
product search and browse, catalog and master data management,
pertaining to Retail/Grocery industry is required
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, GCP or AWS is required
- Deep familiarity with DevOps processes and CI/CD
tools/processes is required
- Experience in application containerization with
Dockers/Kubernetes is strongly preferred
- Experience in No-SQL and in-memory DB (MongoDB, Cassandra,
Redis...) is strongly preferred
- Experience in high-performance and high-frequency data
streaming (using Kafka, Storm etc.) and handling large volume of
batch data (using ETL technologies) is strongly preferred
- Experience in Jira, Confluence is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of architecture/design patterns and best
- Strong emphasis on Testing, Quality and Automation
- Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirements
into technical implementation
- Ability to mentor and guide development team members
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a
customer service-oriented attitude
- Strong experience building consumer facing solutions and
building applications on the public cloud
- Experience in an agile environment
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security, and maintainability of
high-volume Internet applications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology
solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
- Ability to define solutions from very high-level business
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Digital Technical Lead, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!