Posted on: June 6, 2021
CORPORATE OFFICE BLDG F-9946F-PLEASANTON-CA
POSITION PURPOSE: The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for
sourcing products that are low in complexity or spend and supports
the Sr. Buyers, Managers and Sr. Managers with their sourcing
activities for ingredients, packaging, finished goods, supplies,
and/or indirect service projects for the company.
- Source various products and/or product categories under
supervision that are low in complexity and spend; utilizing the
various standard sourcing processes adopted by the Strategic
- Identify new suppliers for new and existing items including
supplier relationship management.
- Develop and negotiate contract terms including executing and
implementing contracts. Interface with Safeway's Legal Counsel as
needed to obtain approval on legal terms.
- Support Sourcing Manager as needed with their categories.
- Gather bid data and analyze complex supplier proposals and make
award recommendations to the sourcing management and key
- Reviews acquisition costs to ensure items purchased are at the
lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability
of source, and urgency of need.
- Summarize financials and present recommendations to business
unit and senior management.
- Analyze and resolve inventory liabilities on discontinued
- Conduct Industry analysis and identify industry trends.
- Identify and execute cost savings initiatives that support the
departments overall savings goal, deliver improved quality, cost,
service, and innovation.
- Identify and implement projects that reduce working capital and
- Support and participate in Sourcing's Innovation projects that
support Safeway's Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Approves Accounts Payable variance processes for distribution
sourced items to ensure correct prices have been invoiced.
- Support supplier transitions when required by monitoring
liabilities, enabling vendor set-up and ensuring documentation is
accurate and complete.
- Manage supplier relationships with primary responsibility for
bringing resolution on a day to day issues related to pricing,
product availability, and ongoing projects.
- Input data accurately into multiple systems and responsible for
ensuring on-time completion of all forms.
- Ensure and adhere to the correct processes are being followed
for SOX compliance.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Level: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong ability to negotiate, execute and implement
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing, distribution, logistics,
marketing and Retail execution preferred.
- Good knowledge of sourcing systems and preferable e-sourcing
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Word, Excel,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good meeting management and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills.
- High energy level, initiative, creative problem solving ability
and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and with teams while providing
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%
- Work typically performed in a temperature-controlled
- Sits, stands or walks for extended periods of time.
- Spends long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office
equipment in the course of a normal workday.
- Workday is fast paced, some evening and weekend work may be
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills
required of personnel so classified.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and
creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Safeway, Pleasanton , Sourcing Specialist, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!