Senior Software Engineer - Tech Lead
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Senior Software Engineer - Tech Lead
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Software
Engineer - Tech Lead. The team provides cutting edge solutions to
engage and delight our customers in their online experience across
multiple brands within the Albertson's, Inc. companies. It's also
responsible to provide internal tools for assisting business,
partners and third-party providers. This team is committed for
building scalable next gen digital experience platform. This
position is located in Pleasanton, California.
This hands-on technical leader is responsible for creating a
technical vision across multiple eCommerce initiatives and should
have a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in
a business-critical environment. The primary area of focus will be
blend of support and development, which includes the design, coding
and testing of medium to large application components. This
engineer will closely work with other Software Engineers, Technical
Leads, Architects, Managers and Quality Engineers in a highly
collaborative environment. General product/tool suite includes
Java/J2EE, Sprint Boot, Angular, React, Node, PHP, Cassandra,
Kafka, MySQL, Oracle, Azure/PCF cloud, Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins,
Maven, Gradle between cloud and on-prem environments.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- An expert in building digital solutions on client and
- Motivated by taking a new or enhancements to existing
capability all the way from inception, through research,
estimations, design, iterative development, and deployment till
it's in the hands of customers.
- Participate in the implementation and enhancement of digital
- Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new frameworks,
tools and technologies.
- Work with 3rd parties, Operations, and IT teams to help support
- Collaborate with system and business analysts to resolve
complex end user ticket issues.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with
- Work with technical leaders to write and review technical
specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional
specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces,
methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
- Has a mindset and believes in CI/CD (Automation) in developing
- Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to
develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
or related technical field.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in developing software
applications using Java, Spring Framework.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying
- Around 4+ years of experience using front-end technologies like
React & Backbone with deep focus on mobile performance optimization
- 2+ years of experience with cloud platform services and
application development using Microsoft Azure OR AWS.
- 2+ years of experience in software test engineering.
- Experienced in developing and designing solutions for high
traffic/high volume in consumer facing industry domains.
- Experienced with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Mongo db.
- Experienced with analyzing and tuning code/application
performance under high volume/high availability environments.
- Experienced in developing software cycles using CI/CD, Test
- Experienced with database design, writing and tuning
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for
deploying applications to those stacks.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Familiarity with Agile, Kanban development methodology.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into working
- Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual
contributor work environments.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a
customer service-oriented attitude.
- Prior experience using Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus.
- Prior experience with any CRM is a plus.
- Working knowledge of emerging UI and Web frameworks including
React Fiber and Vue.
- Reasonably good understanding Salesforce product roadmap and
ability to compare with other CRM products.
- Experience on Cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP) and operating
models for Private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Senior Software Engineer - Tech Lead, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!