Solutions Architect, Digital Applications
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Solutions Architect, Digital Applications
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a
Solutions Architect, Digital Applications. This position is located
in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital
offerings and is in need of a Solution Architect to join the fast
growing, consumer facing digital applications space. The right
candidate should be able to understand and execute on digital
transformation strategies by creating best in class technical
solutions. This position will guide the Architecture, Design,
Development & Implementation of projects, which deliver the vision
& strategy supporting Safeway's business and IT initiatives. In
this role you will work as a part of an exciting and energetic team
of professionals to deliver cutting edge Retail Business strategies
using a wide array of the latest technologies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide architecture and design solutions for consumer facing
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and
testing of business solutions
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise
the business on approach and tradeoffs
- Work with developers, business analysts and subject matter
experts to understand the complex technological system in order to
produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Communicate solution approaches to enterprise architects,
project teams and other stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like cloud, IoT,
mobile, social and big data.
- Works with Tech Lead's to identify and mitigate Architectural
risks and issues across programs and projects.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architect (EA), business and
the project team to understand business requirements and
strategies, ensures completeness of requirements and create
suitable software architectures to support those needs.
- Leverages existing and participates in the creation and
augmentation of new and existing reusable service components and
- Defines the structure of systems, their interfaces, and the
principles that guide its organization, software design and
- Ensures Integration Requirements & Designs are supported by
standard Safeway Development Patterns and if required augments them
if new patterns emerge.
- Ensures that the solution architecture and design align with
the Target Architecture for the project.
- Ensuring that the solution meets the functional and
non-functional requirements approved by the business.
- Ensuring adherence to architecture standards and
- Defines and supports reusable application components from a
business and technology perspective.
- Contributor to application development principles and
- Partners with Enterprise, Application, and other Lead
Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and
- Ensure Target Architectures are achievable (working with the
Application Architect to address any concerns) and is accountable
for ensuring that the Solution Architecture and Design can be
implemented working along a sequence of events/steps in achieving
the Target Architecture.
- Able to provide coding direction to less experienced staff or
develops highly complex original code.
- Lead projects, allocate and manage resources. Provide technical
leadership, coach and mentor team members
- 4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or
relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of
education or work experience
- 10+ years of programming experience (Spring boot, Java, Java
Script, NoSQL, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST).
- Extended expertise in No SQL, RDBMS, ORACLE, SQL Server, Mango
DB (DML, DDL and Query Optimization).
- Significant experience with systems Integration including
building message-based, Kafka and ETL Integrations.
- Hands on experience with technologies like Jenkins, AKS, PCF,
Service Bus, Streaming, Containerization, API Management
- Significant experience with the full software development
lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile,
- Significant experience in capacity planning, systems
performance analysis and optimization in a distributed
- Strong design and programming skills.
- Strong understanding of patterns and best practices.
- Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement
into technical implementation.
- Ability to mentor and guide development team members.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a
customer service oriented attitude.
- Strong understanding of web development.
- Working experience (5+ years preferred) practical (hands-on)
experience with J2EE/Spring Web applications development.
- Strong experience building consumer facing solutions
- Strong experience building applications on the public
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of
high volume Internet applications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology
solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
- Ability to define solutions from very high level business
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , Solutions Architect, Digital Applications, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!