R&D Systems Engineer V (New Product Development)
Company: Bio-Rad Laboratories
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Project Lead with a
track record of successful inception-to-launch development of
molecular analysis instrumentation and microfluidic devices. The
ideal candidate will have an intuitive sense of how to leverage
good design approaches to meet our commercial needs in this
exciting market space. If you are interested in developing the most
advanced systems on the planet, come join us and be a key player in
our next breakthrough product.
- Ensures the team applies good system engineering principles to
develop cost-effective, reliable, high-quality systems that satisfy
customer needs and drive business strategies.
- Drives project timelines related to technology development by
providing technical guidance to internal and external team
- Establishes and maintains strong communications between systems
team members and project stakeholders through targeted meetings,
team assignments, and interpersonal skills.
- Translates customer and business strategies into engineering
design concepts and drives efficient product development with
modern design control processes.
- Drives the productivity of external engineering consultants by
ensuring the teams are aligned and focused on the right
- Identifies robust system architectures that are scalable,
manufacturable, and serviceable.
- Develops sub-systems for micro-fluidic processing and imaging
based on fundamental physics, physical models, and related design
- Ensures compliance with quality and regulatory requirements by
applying design control processes such as risk management,
configuration management, requirements management and verification
- Leverages strong communication and interpersonal skills to
drive and implement decisions.
- Thrives in a multi-disciplinary team and drives our culture by
developing trust with senior and junior scientists and
- Continuously expands their knowledge of state-of-the-art
principles, theories, and practices of Systems and Reliability
- MS/PhD in Engineering field such as Mechanical or Chemical
Engineering is Required. PhD is Highly Desired.
- 12+ yrs Commercial Experience Developing and Sustaining
Bio-Analytical Instrument Platforms is Required.
- Hands-on Experience Designing Microfluidic Consumables and
Bio-Analytical Instruments is Required.
- Hands-on Experience Specifying Pumps, Valves, Sensors, Feedback
controls, and Firmware for Microfluidic Applications is
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Thermal Modeling with
Applications such as COMSOL is Highly Desirable.
- Experience with High Performance Liquid Chromatography or Flow
Cytometry or Droplet Technologies is Highly Desirable.
- Working Knowledge of Statistics, DOE, DFSS, and Signal
Processing Optimization is Desirable.
- Software or Firmware Coding Skills in any Language such as C or
Python is Desirable.
- Basic Knowledge of Molecular Biology or Biochemistry is
- Optical Assembly and Fluidic Troubleshooting Experience for
Fluorescent Applications is Desirable.
- Experience with QSR/ISO Regulations, Agency Testing, Usability
Engineering, and Medical Device Development (IVD) is
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical
diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more
than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our
customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to
provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products
that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process
and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has
been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do
not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay
for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Pleasanton , R&D Systems Engineer V (New Product Development), Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!