IT Development Manager/Senior Manager, Fulfillment
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
IT Development Manager/Senior Manager, Fulfillment
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The IT Digital Fulfillment Department has an opening for an IT
Development Manager/Senior Manager, Fulfillment. This position is
located in Pleasanton, California.
The Digital Teams provide cutting edge solutions to engage and
delight our customers in their online experience across multiple
brands within the Albertsons Companies. The ideal candidate will be
hands-on technical leader responsible for creating a technical
vision across multiple eCommerce initiatives and should have a
successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a
business-critical environment passionate in growing and leading the
core team responsible for end-to-end project execution, application
development and delivery. The Digital Buy Teams aims at improving
the digital experience for millions of customers in our online
channels. Working in a fast-paced agile development environment,
this position will be critical in delivering solutions to advance
the capabilities of online experience. The ideal candidate for this
role must have a deep understanding of different aspects of Order
management, fulfillment and last mile delivery technologies and a
proven track record of leading cross-functional teams in delivering
highly complex solutions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with internal and external business partners to
understand priorities and lay down and/or influence the product
- Work with technical leaders to write and review technical
specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional
- Build a high-performance team of technical professionals,
business analysts, product and project managers.
- Accountable for delivering forecast for resources and managing
project budget to achieve project goals.
- Responsible for successful delivery of programs within
- Collaborate with external partners to explore and research
solutions, produce proof of concepts and integrate into production
- Drive best practices in software development using agile/scrum
- Effectively communicate information across multiple levels of
- Provide team members with an environment of learning, mentoring
and staff development.
- Foster strong vendor partnerships that encourage collaboration
and offers improvement opportunities.
- Prior working knowledge on Micro Fulfillment Center (MFC
Merchandizing and Inventory Management) is a plus.
- Work closely with business to build exceptional cross
functional relationships and business processes with key
stakeholders such as Procurement, Distribution Center, MFC
automation vendors, DSDs, and Stores to ensure that new items are
slotted appropriately and replenished accurately.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 8+ year of hands-on experience in leading technical development
- 2+ years in a management role with direct reports of around or
more than 4+
- Preferred experience working in large-scale high availability
customer-facing applications and managing complex data needs.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying
- Experience using front-end technologies like HTML, CSS,
- Experienced in developing and designing solutions for high
traffic/high volume in consumer facing industry domains.
- Experienced with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Mongo db.
- Experienced with analyzing and tuning code/application
performance under high volume/high availability environments.
- Experience using Kalka, JMS, MQ etc.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud platform services and
application development using Microsoft Azure OR AWS.
- Experienced in developing software cycles using CI/CD, Test
- Strong background of development practices like TDD, BDD
- Strong communication and leadership skills, able to influence
IT and business teams across the company.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
and adopt to a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to present and
communicate ideas to a diverse audience.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with
attention to detail.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Pleasanton , IT Development Manager/Senior Manager, Fulfillment, Other , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!